[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Stock T-jet Challenge Race coming this weekend 3/18/17!

Stock T-jet Challenge Race coming this weekend 3/18/17!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Stock T-jet Challenge Race coming this weekend 3/18/17!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:20 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: Stock T-jet Challenge Race coming this weekend 3/18/17!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Man, wish I hadn't made plans for the weekend. Have fun Todd!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Mike - if your plans fall through, feel free to come on up! If you don't have a car that fits the rules, I am sure we can get you set up with a loaner! Should be a fun time! :D

I'll be sure to snap some pics to share with the board either way! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:50 am

Saturday the 18th was a great day for racing!
The weather outside was gloomy - but the atmosphere at the track was a one filled with jokes, laughter and great racing!

In addition to having three Ohio based HRW members being part of this race (APalmer, Slot Therapist and myself), the field comprised 21 additional racers from both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

The morning kicked off with round robin practice opening up at 8am giving everyone an opportunity to get a good feel for the track, and due any final tuning adjustments. Practice concluded at 11:30, where all cars were required to be submitted for tech. (cars remained impounded unless they were on the track for the duration of the race). Racing action kicked off with qualifying runs at staring at noon with the groupings for qualifying being done via random draw.

HRW member entries:

Slot Therapist's VW bug:

APalmer's GTO Judge:

My Buick Riviera:

Qualifying showed a wide variety of approaches to tackling the race - following are shots of our three qualifying heats:

Slot Therapist's qualifying group:

APalmer's qualifying group:

My qualifying group:

When the numbers where tallied - here is how the qualifying order shook out:

With the qualifying sorted out, the mains were set and we were off and racing! While the qualifying was two minutes per lane - the mains were 4 minutes per, which definitely adds a bit of a twist to things! :)

Slot Therapist and APalmer's qualifying runs pitted them against one another in the D-main!

The racing action was TIGHT between those two - with the Judge having the advantage on the big long straights, but the Bug reeling him back in in the tight technical section! After 16 minutes of racing, it came down to just segments between their two entries, with APalmer's Judge edging Slot Therapists Bug by 22 segments (less than a quarter lap!)
Definitely some great racing!

My qualifying effort placed me in the A-Main, battling against a field of pony cars driven by individuals representing three different racing groups:
- the green Challenger was piloted by Ben Naelitz of HOPRA (HO Professional Racing Organization)
- the red and white Camaro was fielded by Jeff Lauderbach of Western Pennsylvania Slot Car Club
- the flamed Mustang was raced by Myron Benner of the COHORA (Central Ohio HO Racing Association)

To say this made for some fun racing would be an understatement! Throughout the 16 minutes of racing the lead was swapped multiple times between three different drivers! At the checkered flag, it was my Buick claiming podium gold!
:banana-dance:

Definitely a great time!
Here are some additional pics from the action...

Looking forward to next year's event already! And for those that would like to see more pictures, etc associated with this event - they can be seen at: https://www.facebook.com/AKCOHO/
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW HO Scale