[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Drag talk

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Dave, I pretty much agree with everything you just said. Personally though, I only use A/FX and XTraction(non Ultra G) for my Dirttrack Oval racing. For Drag Racing, I run T-Jets and 4 Gear in a half dozen dif classes. And like you, I have some really FAST T-Jets, of which, two are not only faster than any other Pancake I own(including Ultra G XT's), they are also FASTER than Bone Stock 440X2's SRT's and even all but one Life-Like I own. But of course those two Aurora T-Jets are nothing like they came from the factory, and use Rewound Arms w/ Poly mags and all the best elsewhere along with Traction Neos. :D They are so fast, I totally destroyed a Body once, when it bounced and flew off the track going thru the traps at around 40mph !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Power supply for my 'Strip

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm

FYI- I forgot to mention, my 'Strip has fairly mild power supply, it uses twin laptop power supplies rated at 20V and 4.5amps each.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:54 am

Testing upload attachments...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Photo Attachment Test #2

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 am

Bare with me, I'm testing this sites photo attachment/hosting abilities....
0-0dad564.JPG
0-0dad561.JPG
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Me and Dad- Real photo...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Just wanted to posted this...to show my inspiration for the above build, and that's me and my Dad. :)dad-n-ralphie.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Priceless!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:22 pm

A nice one Ralph!
dge467
The King of Foil

Classic Vette's

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Just a pic of a few of my older Vette's, I have about three times as many, but these are just some of the older ones.0-0wipeout.JPG
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:00 am

Cool shot! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: Classic Vette's

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:49 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Sorta OFF Topic, but....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 pm

...what the Hell !?....I'm gonna post a Wanted to Buy ad here in my own thread as well as elsewhere on the forum.

Anyway, I'm Wanting to Buy > Marx HO Slot Car Chassis, either running or not, with motor or without, or just the Can motor itself, OR any good condition parts of the chassis you may have ? ie- Gears, wheels, axles, pick-up shoes(tho almost identical to T-Jet Shoes) etc.

Here is a pic of their (Indy car) chassis, although the rear wheels are not Marx, they are Aurora.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

A Couple of Projects...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:35 pm

The Shop has been kinda slow this summer, but we've recently got a couple of Projects in I'd like to share. The Car on the left in white, is wearing the Resin Cast Body made by Roger Corrie, of the Dale Earnhardt K-2 '56 Ford dirttracker, that was Dale's very first race car. The T-Jet Chassis under it, has just been completed, and features the usual go fast goodies, but also features a set of Specially machined Aluminum wheels that I had got from a machinist friend, and they feature double flanges, BUT, are only narrow width(standard skinny), although the rear hubs are deep dish and offset, and stick out further, giving the *appearance of wider wheels in the back. The Body will soon be headed to the paint booth to receive a replica K-2 Paint scheme, which was a shade of Pink on the lower body, with a metallic Purple Roof ! See the vintage pix for Dale's 1:1 K-2.
The (Green) car to the right, is a Marx Rolls Royce, in to get a simple restoration and touch up job, and is almost finished, and will be leaving the shop soon.
k2-rolls1.JPG

k2-rolls2.JPG

original Earnhardt.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

A couple more of Dale's K-2

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Sorry the one is tiny, I didn't have a larger copy :(
Pink_K21.jpg

dale12.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

My Marx Collection

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:15 pm

These Photos are For Ernie, aka the BigE :D
Hey Buddy, sorry I couldn't talk to ya the other day, and I'd really like to hear from you again, especially about the show this past weekend.
Anyway, as you know, I've been collecting OFF Brands this year and restoring AND Running them ! :auto-driving:
And although I like Atlas, they are hard to get at affordable prices, and hard to get parts for and keep running :(
Sooo...I've started collecting Marx HO ! :laughing-rolling: Hey- Stop Laughing !....they actually are good running chassis, and IMHO, the newer plastic wheeled models-actually run better/faster than Lionel and Atlas :scared-eek:

I've collected what I think is at least one of each of their car models, some pristine, some are, well... Hacked up a Bit (note the T-Bird front row on left :o ) Dang, I just realized I left my '63 Corvette out of the pic -cuz it was in one of my display cases. Oh heck, I'll include it in the second photo.....

BTW- Marx made Three Different Year T-Birds(seen in my front row) and Three Different Year Corvettes !

Okie dokie, here is my collection, all I need Now are the Three Truck$ ! Also, do note on the far right the '61 Vette is a Marx body mounted over a VERY FAST Aurora T-Jet Chassis, and the Black AW '41 Willys body is mounted over a Marx Indy Car chassis I had laying around.
marx collection.JPG

Marx 63 vette and 63 T-Bird.JPG

marx bodies.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Cool cars Ralph! I like the not often seen slot car brands. :)
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale