[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Low Budget Race Team

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 am

I guess I'll start posting some of my Builds again.... and I'll start with this one :

She doesn't really look like a Rolls Royce anymore- does she ? Lets just call her my AmL Modified Dirttracker :D

PS- This Rolls Royce body(before being hacked up) was made by American Line in the past decade, and was a re-pop of the old Marx RR body.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu May 09, 2013 2:26 am

Ingenious . . .and characterful.

Great!

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Thu May 09, 2013 7:09 am

Very cool! I've seen a Porsche Street Stock once, but never a Rolls Royce Modified???? I'm assuming the double tire front wheels are to support the $$$$$$$ needed to pay for a Modified with such a high class lineage?

Keep them coming, glad to see your fleets additions.
TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Another old build from last year....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 am

It's nothing really special, just an old '37 Dirt track Coupe body from RRR, and it's mounted on a NOS Tuff Ones chassis. Here are a few pix....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Another old build...Was posted on the Old HRW

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 am

1/87 scale resin Cast '40 Ford Coupe. Maybe chopped up into a Dirttracker later ;)
Just a quick Spray-Bomb paint Pssst, with very little prep, not half bad, but could have been better. And no, I don't have window glass.
BTW- That's Speedy Pit Pig, our Shop Mascot and guard D.....err- Pig :D
PS- the One Off Resin cast body was made by Hogan Racing(thanks Patrick), and is probably between 1/87 and 1/72 scale, it's VERY small. And I had to shave the insides very thin to mount this baby to an original Aurora Tuff Ones chassis.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu May 09, 2013 8:30 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Some Hot Rods...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 am

Looks like a Vintage Hot Rod Meet at the Speedy Pit Shop this weekend. FYI- the Three Dirttrackers are using modded Dash bodies and Aurora Chassis, and the Red Hot Rod is All Aurora except for the tires....note that the rears are white walls, and they are custom made Stepped-WIDE Silicones designed and made by Joe C. of this Forum.

My Hot Rods in comparison. No two look alike, no two tuned alike, no two with the same tires, and no two with the same ride height.

Hot Rod Comparo from Rear. Green Rod has A/FX spongees that I silicone coated myself, Red Rod has Joe C. custom wide Hot Rod size white walls that fit the standard Hot Rod rim, the turquoise Rod has custom made Joe C. Tall Tuffy tires, and the Blue Rod has standard narrow size Hot Rod Silicones.
(Note, some of these have evolved since these pix were taken last year)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Old Pix from last year.....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 am

The Gang took some new pix recently. Some from a Nostalgia Drag Race held at the local track. Also, some close up pix of the '55 Chebbie which is a sleeper/SCREAMER(but ONLY in a straight line !).

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Not so recent pix...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 am

OK now, got some other new projects underway, although I really SHOULD complete the ones already started :o
Anyway, here's old #22 which was recently acquired. It's not a chassis I really like running, but this narrow Tyco 440x2 has had it's traction magnets removed, and may later get some steel(or lead) weights to replace them with. FYI- I just really liked the body, who someone took the time to hand paint and letter...

Jeffy suggests some front end chassis tuning will help with lap times, and the Boss Man(aka Benny Hill)gives the OK to start wrenchin'
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Projects from this past winter....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:58 am

The "Speedy Pit Shop" has NOT been sitting idle or shut down. Nosiree, here are some pix of Cars that have spent some time in our shop.....and are now completed.

Some are restorations, others are built up from spare chassis and new bodies.

The Big Red '65 Chrysler Imperial Crown,(seen at angle), was originally a DASH Repop of the Green Hornet's Black Beauty, but I reverse engineered it to look more like a Normal Mopar of the mid '60s

Rear quarter view of the BIG Chrysler...Don't mess with this Mopar, she's got a Hemi and a Dana rear end :D
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Emma and the Hot Rod

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 am

Here's a couple pix I never posted last year, when our Shop got this sweet old '40 Ford Coupe in, to tune for the 'Strip.

This old Pic shows the Car when it first arrived, and Emma was just too pretty, so I asked her to pose when I snapped this pic. :D

Another Posin' pic of the old coupe and Pretty Emma, who is quite the Amazon girl- who is just over 6 foot Tall ! ;)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Old Warriors....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 am

My latest A/FX car, #18 a '69 Chevelle(Plastic Hot-Wheels Body) on a Super Fast Original AFX Non MT Chassis. Thank you Jim Hoar. :)
Here's what you can DO with the HotWheels Plastic Diecast '69 Chevelle Body....
I know some of you may think this car(body) looks Ratty, but it's an awesome build, albeit -it's seen some heavy duty Race action in it's life time. But although this body has tattered paint, the details of a Full Roll Cage and safety nets, front and rear nerfs, and it even has a Radiator and little motor in it(though you can only see the air cleaner in these pix).
This puppy sits really low and handles GREAT ! Also note the Rear Nerf bars and the roll cage supports.
Tattered paint denotes this body has seen some heavy duty rubbin' and nerfin' - HEY It's a Dirt Track Race Car !
Front Nerf's, and Air Cleaner details
The body was mounted onto an A/FX chassis after slots were added to the body inside, it attaches even better than a regular A/FX body.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

See footnote at bottom...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 am

Inspired by Randy Matlock, I just slapped this hauler together. It's not as well finished as Randy's, but it works great on any width and length H.O. car....
Roll-Back/Race Hauler Truck conversion. ie- this Green Truck started life as an old Tyco US1 Trucking- Dump Truck ! Now, it's powered by a 440x2 chassis and has an adjustable length hauler deck that accommodates any length car and is also wide enough for 1/64 scale cars as seen in these pix.

***Footnote: This Truck is no longer a hauler, it was Re-Built once again(3rd time) into a Water Truck for the track.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

See Footnotes....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 am

More pix/Updates....
BTW- I recently said I wouldn't own a McLaren Elva, and every time I saw one, it almost made me Blow Chunks ! Well.... I own one now, and it kinda Grew on me- LOL :D
The McLaren Elva rebuild is complete, but still working on the Rolls, actually haven't worked on it much at all.

Ok, this Truck has gone thru more Re-Builds ! And now, it's a Water truck for my Dirtrack.....
And it Really Sprays Water too ;)
BTW, I'll probably add lettering (of some kind) to the tank itself, just dunno what it'll say yet, maybe it'll just say - "Water" !?

***Footnote, since these pix were taken, the water truck has been detailed and lettered for the Speedway. Also, you'll note the early- "under construction" pix of the Rolls Royce Dirttracker....
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for sharing your builds again I really enjoy your builds cause I don't think I could make a decent looking ride in HO.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale