[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Resin Dude Bodies...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:45 am

PS to Wayne, haven't you ever looked at Resin Dudes Site ? http://www.resindude.com

Lotsa sweet old Dirt track bodies > http://www.resindude.com/rdw2013_002.htm
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby BRP32 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Thanks for the info and hook up with the resin dude site!

Your dirt trackers look awesome!

Will definitely have to look into his stuff!

Thanks again!
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

BARN FIRE !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:49 am

Waaaay OFF TOPIC, but here's pix I took last night at 10pm, of the Farm across the road from me, I live 150 yards away. No one hurt, but Dairy Barn is Gone ! No cows were in barn, just Stored Hay and Pigs... There were more Fire crews than I ever saw in my life battling it, they finally left at 3am !

As I send this, the Fire Crews just came rushing back, as the fire started up again in the rubble.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:30 am

Very unfortunate. :(
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BRP32 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:44 pm

I agree with Todd, very unfortunate......

Hopefully no one was hurt.
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Well...it looks like the Boys have a bit of Work lined up for them....the severely damaged Tan '62 Galaxie body, is from an Aurora Vibrator- ie: Pre T-Jet. The body wasn't quite This bad, until, an Asteroid from the sky came down and hit it, can you imagine the chances of THAT happening !?
F.O.R.D. >Found On Roads Dead ! Not quite, but that '62 Galaxie couldn't get much worse- LOL :D Lots of work for the boys this month...and ALL are Fords !

Ruh Roh ! Better Get Maaco :p
Since this pic was taken a few hours ago, the two halves are already rejoined, ie- it was a clean break. I've also repaired the front screw post, and replaced the rear one, which I also lowered both, and also thinned out the underside of the interior tray, so this Vibe Body will sit lower on a T-Jet Chassis :handgestures-thumbup:

PS- I'm looking for the ROOF (Only) from a DASH '63 Ford FAIRLANE, to use on top of the Vibe body. I won't use a DASH '63 Galaxie Roof- as it was different in the contour, and the '63 Fairlane is a Closer match to the '62 Gal. Please contact me if you have a Roof- any color is acceptable, thanks :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Update...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Update, the '62 Galaxie is drivable now, but has a long way to go... But the Great NEWS is, the '64 Dodge 330 Super Stocker had a very successful tail drop. ie- I lowered the ass end of the Dodge so the car sits level, not all Jacked up for Tuffy Tire Clearance as is came from the JL/AW factory. I wish I had a before pic to show you the severe rake on that body. But anyone that has owned one, knows what I'm talking about. The Car now rests on a NOS Aurora Chassis with the stock skinny wheels and DASH Silicone Skinny tires. BTW- if the owner wants the rear end to stick better with almost zero tire spin, I could have fitted this body to an AW Ultra G chassis, and just used short axles and skinny wheels/tires, and the car would have Stuck like Glue with the Neo Traction Magnet.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:05 pm

I like the look of the Dodge! I will try it on one of mine. I have one of those Fords that my Dad modified. I have to clean it up, but he actually shortened the body on it.
dge467
The King of Foil

Dodge Tail Drop...How-To

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Great tip on lowering the body - I DEFINITELY like the looks of that!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BRP32 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:00 pm

That Dodge looks much better now that you lowered it.

I like the skinny tires on it also.

I love racing my t-jets that way!

I can't wait to see what you do with the old Ford!

I'm not quite so sure I would have been that ambitious to restore that one.

I'm glad you did!!!!

Awesome work!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Dragin' Wagon :-)

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 am

Here's a score that I haven't actually received yet, and I bought it off a Facebook "Friend". I know it's not minty and is mounted to a T-Jet Chassis, but I LOVE IT in Every Aspect ! And I've been searching for years for an Aurora Vibe '62 Country Squire Wagon that I could "Afford", and now I have one !
BTW- I had one as a kid that I converted to a T-Jet chassis just like this, and it TOO had Cut wheelwells and Hot Rod Wheels ! I'm sooo tickled by this Wagon- you can't imagine ! :banana-dance:

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:14 pm

That is a cool one! I would leave as is!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Yep, leave it as is!

Way too cool to mess with.

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale