[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 pm

I love them ALL! But that Chevelle - Oh my! I LOVE that one the most!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Recent stuff

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri May 10, 2013 9:34 am

Recent T-Jet Acquistions...most of the bodies were pretty cherry, 'cept the '63 Split window 'Vette has the rear wheelwells hogged out a bit to fit the oversize AJ's Aluminum rims.

Below...Another Jim Hoar Special ! Old Warrior- Race Car bodies never die, they just traded around. In this case, this body started life as a Hot Wheels '57 Chevy Plastic diecast, then it was Modded quite a bit and RACED by Jim Hoar, and it has the battle scars to Prove it ! It now resides on an old JL X-traction Chassis.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Glad to see your work posted here again Ralph! Nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Dirt Racer into Street Rod -Conversion

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat May 11, 2013 8:43 am

These pix from a project last year, show the conversion of the Blue #3 Roadster Racer into the lil Yellow Deuce Coupe.....
Here's a Group shot of some of my Vintage Modified Sportsman Cars. The Blue with white meatball #3 on it, was built all from spare chassis parts- and a basket case (Dash) body. And FYI- I didn't paint that car, it's brush painted by the previous owner, who also made a T-Top out of it, as he hacked off all but the rear of the HotRod Coupe Roof/Bulkhead, and attached the front half of a Super Modified Roll Cage minus the Wing. And btw- the #56 car was also a used (Dash)body that was salvaged, and has been modded to sit really low.
#3 Vintage Sportsman Modified, featuring Aurora T-Jet Chassis with Wild One Arm, Dash Hot Rod Body w/hacked roof, rear portion is coupe/front portion is Super Modified, and center portion is covered with Painters TAPE ! Headers are diecast metal from a HotWheels Super Modified, front wheels are Tuff Ones, Rear wheels are Tyco CurveHugger Centerlines with axle holes opened to T-Jet specs, front nerfbar is homemade from bent paperclip. Paint by previous owner, applied w/Brush !
It didn't last long before it became my Little Deuce Coupe !

I went with a 5 window Coupe Roof, added a Blower, and I also used a trimmed 1/64 scale Grill, to closer match the width of the hood. And I lowered the body both front and rear just a tad more.
BTW- I was NOT trying to replicate the American Graffiti Milner Coupe, just merely create my own Lil Deuce Coupe using the Dash Hot Rod as the starting point.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:49 am

Great make over on that one Ralph!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ourwayband » Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 am

Great builds Ralph!I have a hard enough time trying to do this in 1/32 scale..
Thanks for sharing.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Old Pix....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat May 18, 2013 9:22 am

Just some old pix from a few years ago when I was first getting back into H.O. Slotcars....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Ok, change of scenery here... ie- my Main LARGE Bleachers, were originally sorta kitbashed by me from things unrelated, and used for a larger scale layout first. But I made a few changes this week, and I've converted it into a Covered Grandstand, and tried to make it fit better with HO- 1/64 scale. What do you think ?

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Very cool! Nice job on the stands.
dge467
The King of Foil

Inspiration.....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

BTW- this photo was an inspiration for me, to cover my Grandstand. I even noticed the small concession(?) stand to the left of the Grandstand as viewed in the photo, which is similar to my little Concession stand as you can see :)

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Yeah, Ralph, nice stuff. I promise you -- soon I will be able to do photos and show you all of my Rolls, Willys, Lincoln, and Hot Rod circle track cars. Some of the builds are from the early 70's.

Good job, thanks for the photos... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 pm

nice and inspiring! great job.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 am

A buddy of mine (Jim Hoar) from Maine, just sent me an early Birthday present.... how do you like my NEW (custom Lettered)Starting Tower- over hanging the track :D
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Way to go Ralph!! Great looking pics.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale