[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Part 2

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Been chemically stripping the paint off of the old Modified, and beneath the Yellow was a cool two tone- silver and metallic blue paint job that had all kinds of cool racing numbers and sponsor decals etc -all covered up under the yellow(which musta been from a different owner of this car).

I really would have liked to save the decals on the old paint job, and photograph them before I totally removed the first paint job. But alas- the only decal I could preserve was the U.S. Auto Club decal on the trunk. This car had lots of nicely placed decals on the silver/blue paint job. Btw- the Roof was metallic blue while the lower body was silver. This musta been a really Nice vintage Modified at one time :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Part 3

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Well gang, the boys have been working hard, and got about 90% of the car finished, and here she is......

I plan on adding nerf bar/bumpers and a grill/radiator, and then I'll call her done :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

another OLD Pic....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Here is a shot of some of my T-Jet Vintage Dirttrackers. Now I have many other brands and types of HO slots, but lately my focus have been on T-Jets. And I'll have you know, that of all the T-Jets in this shot, only two of them are non Aurora chassis- although in contrast, only two of the bodies seen in this pic are actual Aurora T-Jet Bodies....

FYI- the Blue #3 Coupe, and the White Cobra GT in the infield, are the Only True Aurora bodies seen here....
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

'37 Ford Rodster

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 am

Quiet day, nothing to do, so I decided to do an oil change and tune the Flathead in my lil Ford Rodster today....

Been thinkin about dropping in that Racing Flathead on the work bench, that has the tri-power carbs on it, but I better save that for a Vintage RaceCar instead- eh ?

Here's a pic of the Flathead w/dual carbs in my '37 Ford Rodster...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

'60 Corvette

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 am

I even have a Johnny Lightning 1960 Corvette to my stable. I got a pair of these cute little pull-back bodies, and took a bit of time to mod both the body and an original Aurora T-jet chassis to fit each other> without the car looking like a LIFTED 4x4 ! And since these pix were taken, I also lowered the rear just a tad bit more as well. BTW- it takes quite a bit of work to make one of these bodies fit a T-jet Chassis, as JL only ever sold them on Pull-back chassis, and the original Aurora Bodies were ONLY found on Vibrator Chassis. I hope you like my lil Pink Corvette...my GF does :)

I painted the front of the pick-up shoes flat black along with the fwd parts of the chassis to conceal them a bit. Also, since this pic was taken, I lowered the rear slightly as well.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

My Latest Slot Car- Build ! It's my Street/Strip Hot Rod. :)
I started with a Dash (Clear) HotRod Body, and painted it and lowered the mounting posts and shaved the underside. I added the driver and Blower and headers- all non DASH Items. BUT, the Real Joy of this build is the Chassis, and it's a True Hot Rod ! I Started with a NOS Bare chassis case, I added Dash Magnets and Wizzard brushes, I then built up a top Plate using a NOS (American Line) Gold Wire Mean Green 6 ohm arm, I also installed a 12t drive pinion and used a nylon idler gear. The front axle is a drill blank and is carrying Brass HR/Indy size wheels to keep the front end down, out back I'm running a stock axle with AW 4Gear rear wheels with Silicone tires, But the axle is carrying an AW Ultra-G 18t Crown gear which was slightly shimmed to perfectly mate with the 12T pinion gear above. Let me tell you- this Puppy Hauls the ASS !

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

The Speedy Pit Shop....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 am

Another Day at the "Speedy Pit Shop". The Restoration Projects keep rolling in...

Rare Lionel '64 Corvette Stingray body with Bumper mounted Spare Tire..... rolls upto our shop.
Stingray w/Continental Spare Tire option ?
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 am

Ralph,

Eager to see what you do with this one! You always seem to make something interesting out of whatever you find.

Keep up the good work.

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

My Speedway Wrecker

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 am

Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Lionel Corvette with Conti Spare tire....FYI

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: the Continental Spare tire on the Corvette. I was told the following on another forum > "....The 'Tire' is also on some Mercedes I think it was. It was part of Lionel's diode isolated 4 car team Racing Sets. The "Tire" made it so you could survive getting rear ended by your team mate."
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Fantastic pics, all of them! I really have to scratch my head with the Lionel Corvette though...really? Woof!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Corvette Fever !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok, here's another project, that I just wanted to share. Let's call this Corvette Fever ! FYI, last year I acquired all three plastic slot bodies(below). The two Tyco '60 Vettes were missing their roofs. And I got the RED '67 JL T-Jet Stingray(Convertible top up)body -seen minus the roof already in pic below. Anyway, if you've seen these bodies, you'll note the tops look waay too tall for the scale of the rest of the body. But HEY- the top looks Great on the 1/64 scale Tyco '60 Vette ! (yeah- i know the windshield is all wrong for a '60 'vette). Anyway, the other '60 Vette got a windshield from a HotWheels Diecast '58 Corvette, and my '67 T-Jet Stingray is gonna get the windshield(and maybe part of interior?) from the HotWheels '65 Stingray diecast....

Top Swap = Good Idea, IMHO :)
BTW- the '67 ' Ray was also lowered...

The Red '67 Sting Ray looks pretty cool with the top down. FYI- it's not 100% finished in this photo, and the driver will be swapped later to a NU-Man.

Corvette Roof Swap, The Red AW '67 Stingray T-Jet sent it's white top-up Rag top, over to the 1/64 scale Tyco '60 vette.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Just a couple of old Bombers....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Just found this old pic, and these cars have long since been completed. But here is an early shot of a couple of Bomber projects I did.
The Red '56 Ford Fairlane is a resin body from BallsOutRacing, and sits on a tweaked NOS T-Jet Chassis. The Grey Primered car started out as a Tyco '57 Chevy body that had seen better days, I fixed parts of it, removed other bits and added the HotWheels front Grill/Bumper. It now resides and races on a Tyco U-Turn Chassis(which is in a Special Race Class I run).

Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Another Old Bomber....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 pm

FYI, this body started life as a Hot Wheels '57 Chevy Plastic diecast, then it was Modded quite a bit. It now resides on an old JL X-traction Chassis.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale