[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Too cool! Make the pig drive!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Oops !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:37 pm

I just realized, I posted that pic above, earlier in this thread, sorry -my bad :(
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Here's some Race pix (staged of course)....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 pm

My Big John Mazmanian '41 Willys Gasser. I fitted this body to a NOS Aurora bare T-jet chassis, which was fitted with Dash magnets, JB brushes, a NOS Tuff Ones top plate w/6ohm Mean Green Arm, and of course fitted the necessary crown gear. It's using Tuffy front axle and wheels, but out back(can't be seen in this pic) it's using the NEW SuperTire- Pro Series White Delrin Tuffy Rims, but I have Balls Out Racing .405" Silicones mounted. The car is fast and so full of torque, I had to fabricate a set of Wheelie bars to keep the pin in the Slot :)

PS- the White Hot Rod is another project I'm working on, the body was a basket case and was covered with layers of paint(which i stripped). It needs some TLC and *Goop repairs, and I'm also fabricating a new roof(as you can see) using the rear portion of a Dash roof(came from another Hot Rod project-remember the Blue #3) and the front part was a Glass insert from a Diecast, the windshield btw -is merely taped up for protection.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 pm

More Race pix and a close up of old "Twenty-Two" .
Anyway, here's old #22- a 2nd hand body I got in a trade. It's mounted on a chassis I really Don't like running, but this narrow Tyco 440x2 has had it's traction magnets removed, and may later get some steel(or lead) weights to replace them with. FYI- I just really liked the body, who someone took the time to hand paint and letter...

Jeffy suggests some front end chassis tuning will help with lap times, and the Boss Man(aka Benny Hill)gives the OK to start wrenchin'
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Just wanted to post a few OLD pix that weren't ever included in this thread.
The following Camaro Modified, was a Body built and given to me by my Canadian friend -Dan. In these pix, the old (original aurora)A/FX body resides on a Tomy SRT chassis. But that was short lived, and the car now resides on one of my sweetest original Aurora A/FX (non MT) chassis.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

New Rides....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm

A Couple of NEW cars for my Stable. FYI- The PT Cruiser body started life as a plastic Key chain Fob/Flash light ! It was already mounted to a T-Jet Chassis when I got it in a Trade from my HT friend Rick(ParkRNDL), but since then I filled in the holes in the headlights, and lowered the rear a tad and raised the front a tad so it sits more level. BTW- the front post was already there, and the wheelbase is just about perfect....tho it doesn't quite line the wheels in the wells if using the OEM Front post.
The Green and Black '37 Ford, is a body I just got for $2 from BudsHOcars. I've actually done alot of work to the body to lighten it(Dremel) and lower it as low as it could get without punching holes thru the body. BUT, the BIG mod was taking off the top Up convertible roof and sanding off the sharp points and trying to make it look more like a Coupe roof, I even added the two extra port-hole windows. In these pix the roof is just sitting on the body and not fully seated, as the paint was still drying fully. I know this will shock some, but I'm about 90% sure I'm turning this body into a Fairgrounds Dirttrack Jalopy Racer.....
Oh btw- there maybe some PT Cruiser HATERS out there, but let me say that I own a Blue 1:1 Real one, and I'm very happy with it, and this little replica as well :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PT Cruiser Modified's Origin...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:51 am

Oh btw- the Blue PT Cruiser (body) seen below.....
....was the original body used by HoganRacing , after being heavily modified, to become the Resin Cast Orange #3 Modified seen in the pic below, which btw, was the very first custom T-Jet Racer I built 3 years ago....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Old Pix....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:56 am

Oh Btw- just for shits and grins, here's a couple of Old pix of me ;) on my Harley XR750 Flattracker.... and FYI- I really USED to Race those Beasts in 1:1

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

What about Vicky ?

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 am

This is an OLD Pic btw...
Seen here is an original Tyco RoughRider Pinto Modified, sitting upon a Curvehugger chassis. The other two Vicky, are Beautiful Resin Cast(you can't even tell they're cast) Bodies made by Bruce(RIP) of Bad Dawg. The bodies are as crisp and clean molded, inside and out, as the Original Tyco's they were patterned after....

The #70 Vicky rides atop a standard Tyco 440x2 Wide pan Chassis, while the #60 rides upon a Tyco U-Turn chassis for serious Drifting action.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Vicky and her sisters....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am

I just found a few more OLD pix of Vicky and Family.....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

more older pix

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 am

I was digging thru my albums and found a few more Lost pix of my Builds/Racers.... enjoy !

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 am

There is not a car you've shown that I would not be proud to own and race!

Awesome stuff!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am

Here's a build that I don't think I posted about in this thread, although it was on the old forum.
the Body is an old TycoPro Super Modified that I got from HoganRacing, that had the rear wheelwells severely hacked, which I rebuilt and repainted Copper.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale