[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:52 pm

LOVE Mater! But that Kalitta car...WOW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

'39 Chevy Master Deluxe - 99% Finished....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Ok, and here is the '39 Chevy about 99% Finished. And btw- I really like this HUGE BEHEMOTH of a Sedan :) Oh, and the green Mr. Irish next to it, is a Custom '40 Chevy Coupe Gasser, that I modeled after a Real Drag Car I grew up with in my neighborhood....and it's powered by Tyco.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

FUN with Mater !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Conclusion: Tow Mater 2.0 >aka Fini !
(yes, there were a few changes) ie- I changed the wheels and tires, and added a bit of paint detailing, and then coated it all with clear matte finish. I may have used a bit too much Blue on the sides? But it could be sanded off. And FYI- for those who didn't know, when Mater was newer, he WAS Blue ! ...(remember when he found his hood, and in the third movie)

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:45 am

Hi Ralph
nice work again, it looks like the original you can buy on 1/55 scale...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Mater's scale etc...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 am

Sylvain, the Mater I used to convert to a Slot Car, is probably close to 1/64 scale, except it has a Cartoonish TALL Cab height, but the rest of the proportions are 1/64. But I do know the large 1/55'ish Mater you speak of, and some folk have used that one to convert, and used the 4 Gear/Specialty chassis in doing so, but I think that 1/55th scale is too much of a stretch to go with other HO scale stuff.
BTW- the small Mater I used was a Give-away toy by Kelloggs Cereal about 10 years ago ? It was never sold apart from the promotion, as many others have been. Here's a little Caveat, about the Kelloggs Mater, whatever Plastic was used, is now very brittle, I dunno if it was brittle from the start, or became brittle with the passage of 10 years, but it can shatter pretty easily if dropping on a hard floor or takes a good Wall-shot ! I've partly remedied this situation, by *painting the entire under/inside of body with Testors Liquid cement #3502 , that's the same stuff that we used to chemically MELT Aurora Plastic, to make the colored Goop we use to restore Aurora Bodies with. Use with Caution though, as it does contain MEK and the Vapor if harmful.

PS- a while back, I bought what I though was a plastic 1/64 scale Mater to convert, but it turned out to be highly detailed RUBBER ! Anyway, I carved that rubber body up somewhat, to make a more realistic Tow/Push truck, which might be found around an old Dirttrack, here is the result... :D
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:56 am

Those look great! I did a conversion on the same pull back Towmater a while back. I cut out the mouth and added a grille, and I put a engine from a Hot Wheels in it.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby vins123 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Ralph
the result look really nice
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Projects underway....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Just a small Update and Teaser, on some Project Builds the shop is working on... The Yellow Vicky is a Tyco(Blasphemy) Resin Repop Body that just came out of the paint booth with the first part of is paint job completed, it's going to be a Copy of the Old TycoPro Altered, and I have the repro decals as well. The '37 Ford is a Nu-Rora Kit body, that's mounted onto a DASH Chassis, and will be headed to the paint booth soon. The last car is a '50 Studebaker Starlight Coupe which was a resin Blem body, it's mounted onto a Souped up "Skinny Tire" Aurora T-Jet Chassis, which will also be headed to the paint booth soon as well :)

:auto-driving:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm

I like them all, but that Ford is a beaut!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Ford(s)

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:19 pm

The '37!!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Nu-Rora '37 Ford's

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Strip Blazer !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 am

One Down, two to go ! :D
The guys buttoned up the '50 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, and sent her on it's way. It turned out a little better(bodywise) than I thought it would. The Body was pretty rough, and we could have done a better job, but with all the Bondo that went into that rusty old hulk of a Field find, we didn't see alot of the flaws until the color coats were applied, and the owner wasn't too picky about getting the body perfect, as it's what's under the hood that counts to him, after all- it IS a RACE CAR ;)
Anyway, here's some shots of the RTR Strip Blazer, which is gonna run in the D/G class :handgestures-thumbup:

:auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 am

Love those dirt track coupes in the pic above!

Where did you get those or who made them?

Awesome! Just awesome!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Dirt Coupes

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale