[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Low Budget Race Team

Low Budget Race Team

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

The Elusive Marx HO Slot- Trucks !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:22 pm

FYI, the most valuable of the Marx HO Slot Cars- are their HO Trucks ! They made three different types, one single rear axle Dump Truck(the most common of the three), and two Dual rear axle trucks, a Flatbed with stake sides, and a Tanker Truck. By Far, the Tanker is the Rarest and MOST Valuable, and can fetch upwards of $400 among collectors, the Dump Truck can be had for $100-$200, and the Flatbed from $200-$300+

Here's what they look like, and colors vary....

Here's a the more common Dump Truck...
MARX DUMP TRUCK RED BODY.jpg

Here's the Flatbed Dualie with stake sides, rare enough- especially with intact stake sides boards !
MARX_STAKE_BED_SLOT_CAR_TRUCK_BLUE_BODY.jpg

And finally, the Money car, err....Truck :) If you find one this nice, it's worth Big Buck$ !
MARX_TANKER_SLOT_CAR_TRUCK_GREEN_BODY.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Low Budget Race Team

Postby BIG E » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:19 am

Really buzzin' with that camera Ralph! Someday I hope to be able to do the same.
Nice to see those MARX FORD trucks, they're real keepers!
That MARX Rolls Royce body has been the subject of circle track modifieds between myself and some friends for many years. Once they had become available as inexpensive repros from REH in the late 1980's, we started cuttin' them up to run along side our Willys and Lincoln modifieds, all with original Aurora Thunderjet 500 power, of course. I evn did up a DASH Henry J as a modified, that worked out well, too. This winter I would like to start building up some of the DASH '36 FORD bodies into modifieds, and at least one Gasser for the drag strip. Glad to see you're enjoying your time revisiting the MARX HO scene.
Have FUN, my friend! Also, check the PM from me today. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:40 am

Ralph what tag are you using around your images as they always appear to me inside a scrolling window?
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

My Pix...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:57 am

Roger, the pix I've been posting lately here, which are oversize, and hense the scrolling window, are simply loaded as an "upload attachment" right to my HRW posts here ! ....I had never done this before a week or two ago, but it appears that HRW will store and host photos :-) Btw- if you Click right on the photo, it will open up to full size right on the screen.
MARX_SPEEDWAY.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Rolls Royce- Dirt Modified...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Brand NEW Pix of my Rolls- Dirttracker

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Okay, I figured- what the hell, take and post some brand NEW Pix of one of my Favorite Cars. So here it is, my American Line> Rolls Royce -Dirttrack Modified :)

Aml-RR1.JPG

AmL-RR2.JPG

Aml-RR3.JPG
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Marora & Lionel

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Our Shop just finished up this past weekend, and shipped out today, another of our Marora '61 Corvettes ! For those of you New to our Conversions, these are Vintage Marx '61 Corvette Bodies, adapted to use the T-Jet Chassis. In this case, the Body already had some hogged out rear wheelwells that we left as-is, which also helped with our oversize rear tires. We did some other body repairs though, and built the Aurora Chassis up to Drag Specs, and added a few unique touches. And there she is, heading back out to it's owner :auto-driving:
0-maroraV1.JPG

0-maroraV2.JPG

Our Shop Owner(Benny) Drives up in his Newly Restored '64 Ford Galaxie(Lionel)
0-liogal1.JPG
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

'64 Ford Galaxie, by Lionel

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Tail View of Lionel Galaxie....
0-liogal2.JPG
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Great photos / cool additions! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Another Conversion, sorta....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 pm

This isn't my Car, but doesn't it look nice !? It's an Aurora Vibrator T-Bird Body, over top of a Marx Chassis :)

vibe t-bird body on a marx chassis.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 pm

It looks right at home if you ask me! VERY nice! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Nice work as always!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Nice cars Ralph!
dge467
The King of Foil

Lionel aluminum wheels

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:37 am

Those Lionel Barn Finds do come with Crusty Aluminum wheels some times.... :o but they Buff right out ! :D
lionel wheels.jpg
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Roger's Driver

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 am

LOL- please excuse these "Request" pix, but my friend Roger Corrie asked me to take some close-up pix of the Lionel Drivers Head etc, so.....
lionel driver1.JPG

lionel driver2.JPG

lionel driver3.JPG

BTW- all the pix that I take(and post), all I'm using is a Cheap $50 Pocket digital Camera I bought 10 years ago, I use the lowest (1megapixel) setting, and the simple secret to taking these pix, is just use a Tripod, and a proper lighting techniques, and mainly I'm just using a floor lamp with a 75w incandescent bulb.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale