Info about tire

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Info about tire

Postby vins123 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 pm

a few months ago, i bought double flanged weels wich are AJ, S 3050B, i would like to know which tire can goes on those wheels? silicone will be the first choice, the store were i bought them does not exist anymore, i did some research i did not found anything.
they were for Tomy SRT and SG plus car( diameter of the rims 3050 is narrower then the original Tomy)
thanks
Sylvain
ps if anyone interested to get them, they are for sale too...
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Info about tire

Postby RichD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:02 am

It would help to know how wide your wheels are, that would be the distance between the flanges. Aftermarket tires are mostly made to fit stock wheels, so it is more difficult to find tires that fit narrower wheels. The tires would also have to be the correct diameter, for a Tomy Turbo that would be about 0.450 inches. If you go the the Super Tires site you can find the specs for the silicone tires that they sell.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am

I searched that AJ's wheels, and it was *designed for the Tomy and old Aurora Axle dia of .063" . So I'm gonna guess that the width is probably based more for the old Aurora A/FX size tires, which were also the same size tires used on the TycoPro, HP2, and HP7 as well.
*Listed wheel Specs : AJS3050B DELRIN HUBS DOUBLE FLANGE .250 OD - BLACK 1PR FOR .063 AXLE
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:12 am

Thanks from both of you
Ralph, you are right on, that is exactely what i bought but i paid more than that plus shipping....
what i found out it i put and original tire and a silicone one on and and it was rolling free so the diameter of the rims are tinner or smaller, for the width between the flange were okay, i tried one set and i am not sure it i will buy some tire to put on it!!!
i am running mostly Tomy SRT and SG plus and 2 Tyco 440x2( both of running with silicone)
i do have 6 set of those 3 white unopened and 3 black ones( 1set was tried on srt axle) anyone want them let me know...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Your best bet would probably be Super Tires Tomy 458s. Those tires may be a little wide for the wheels that you have. If you have an electric drill it is easy enough to narrow down the tires. First put a tire on the shank end of a 5/16th inch drill bit and chuck up the axle and tire. Spin the tire and trim it with an X-Acto knife or razor blade. The tires made for a Tyco Pro or HP-7 would be narrower, but bigger in outside diameter, those are Super Tires AFX 474.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale