[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:01 am

I'll be posting some of the Dirttrack Build Pix by Various members of the Old HRW Site. Luckily, after reviewing pages of the old site archives, many of the Pix are still posted, so I'll be transferring them to this thread.
Here's a Few old Faves to start out this thread, copy and pasted with original Text....

The following pix were recently posted by Jaybo, and he states- "Built by Tom Baker for Phil Pignon of Road Race Replicas. Approximately 50 hours time start to finish."

Another of Rick's awesome Fairground builds, using the same conversion tech as the Mustang above, but with a Dash Falcon body...

HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 am

(Note> Remember the TEXT is from the OLD Site Archives)

And ya know- ya just gotta love Cars in the Title Photo for this HO Section, from RichD...
Here's a couple more (closeup)pix of RichD's fabulous #5 Jalopy....
(Rich writes- "New HOCOC Jalopy class based on the Thunderjet Hot Rod. The body is from Hot Laps Racin' with Road Race Replica decals. ")
Another from RichD...

Here's Mike's> Allison 55 Chevy.
Mike's done (and continues to do) some really great work. I feel priviledged to have been able to have (and save) so many of the pictures of his cars.
Patrick
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 am

JWL Slotcars posted :
Here's my favorite so far, I'm working on a differnt dirt car now

a dash motorsports 55 chev i choped up..
a model motoring mustang mod..
an aurora lincoln turned modified..
a dash motorsports hot rod turned jalopy
Image Rick

Here's some AWESOME Stuff previously posted by FrankfromNY

(Frank writes- "A quick build by my friend Pete of a dirt modified coach/sedan. Resin Dude coach/sedan body, scratch built headers & bumper.")

^ ^ ^ Did the above Yuku Pix show up for everyone ?
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:38 am

From BigMike, an awesome AMC Pacer Modified....

Mike Wrote- "Here's a car I had forgot about until Hogan showed me the picture. I built this a few years back when I was still racing ThunderJets. I don't remember where the body came from but it is on a T-Jet chassis with AFX wheels and tires. The headers are brass rod and tube painted silver. As far as I know this is the only picture of this car and I have no idea where it went when I sold all my HO stuff."

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:28 am

Previously Posted by RichD....

Here's a bunch of Modifieds, the car owners name is above the pix...

RichD

thebigcoffinhunter/Matthew

TjetracerCharlotte-Richie Evans Pinto & Coupe

Image Totally AWESOME ! :text-bravo:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am

Simple Modified conversion from T-Jet Willys...

lenzous- Cars/pix

I just LOVE These Old Tyco '32 Vicky Race bodies. They make classic Modifieds, even tho Tyco intended them to be Drag cars. These bodies originally came on the TycoPro and later HP2 Curvehugger chassis. But even tho I STILL DON'T Own One Yet :( - I believe these bodies will fit any Tyco widebody chassis, and hope to have one someday mounted to one of my U-turn chassis.

Here are some old(but awesome) pix from micyou03....and fyi- he's running these bodies on the HP7 chassis

HoganRacing Writes..In the interest in full disclosure, BigMike whittled on the original PT Cruiser body (started as a key chain!) to get the modified look. I made the mold and cast the body. Mike then painted, decaled, and fabricated the headers for the purple modified. I helped with it, but he did the creative work.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 am

Some Cool Builds by -Bluegnuoy

Here's a Homemade T-Jet Sprint Car by Bluegnuoy....

And here's some of his Modifieds....
Image Image
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 am

Also recently posted by Jaybo, are these Resin Late Models....

Ok, although Jaybo doesn't make those bodies himself, he says a guy in his club does, and here's a link to their club...
http://citroslots.weebly.com/index.html
Hopefully, you'll find out how to buy those bodies, and if so, please let us know for how much.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Wow!

Some very cool stuff here Ralph and I very much appreciate it!

These kind of cars are what I'm about.

I would love to build some myself in the future.

I am having a hard enough time chassising the bodies I have now.

I actually built 5 t-jet chassis the other day from parts and got 5 more bodies chassied and running.

Great fun but quite a challenge for me currently with rehabbing still.

Best physical therapy I can think of!!!! :lol:

I appreciate all your efforts posting the pics because it gives me a lot of paint scheme ideas....

Wayne :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 pm

looks great keep it up!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Cutumup posted this recently completed 37 Ford...

Some Cool Wreck Pix from Cutumup, he says Frank wrecked him, So don't mess with him-or he'll take you out ! :D

Cutumup's Blue Bomb #29....

His #30 Willys...

His #41 Willys...

Here's even MORE Awesome Cars by Cutumup.....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Another Tom Baker Original !
Pix by Jaybo
Jaybo posted : "After well over at least 50+ hours I decided my Dash 1951 Henry J is finished. It turned out making a nice early '60's modified dirt track racer.
Another Tjettom original....."

More Tom Baker Builds...

FYI- the Willys body on the right, is what the body looked like he started with !

Here's More Cool Cars from - "Cutumup"

Chevy Vega and Pontiac Firebird - Modifieds
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Micyou03 built this and posted these pix quite a while ago, and said- he doesn't have this one anymore, but it's a really sweet 55 Chevy !

More Awesome 55 Chevies

from Tom Stumpf

from Patrick Hogan

from Kcl

From Larry Lype

and from 1976Cordoba.... this is Awesome!

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:07 pm

The Caveman- 1976Cordoba, also build this Late Model Diecast conversion onto an old Tyco widepan chassis....

More Vintage Dirt track Style Cars from 1976Cordoba (BTW- the '67 Chevelle is a Hotwheels Diecast conversion)

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale