[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:18 pm

A really nice Willys Modified by XRacerHO...and in his words-
It has a full roll cage, side, front & rear bars made of brass soldered together to form one integrated bar system which straddles the top plate & sits on the top of the chassis. The photo does not pickup the driver's roll cage detail. Notice the driver's easy access.

The front view shows the fine brass mesh soldered in front of the driver & the nose of the car. The driver name is on the side & the girl friends name was always put over the front windshield at our short tracks.
This is the sponsor shot (local Shell Station) emulating speed. The car's bars need a new paint job.
AFX chassis with a green armature, blue magnet & brush tension was high (torque) for the corner exit. For the sliding, after market wide G-Plus pickup shoes were needed.
This racing was done only on very short tracks with sweeping curves with large aprons (2-3 in.) on all curves. The large machine rims combined with the bars, made the car rearend heavy producing the desired slides! You throw the car into the corner, slide & used power to exit. Plenty of rubbing but two good drivers could drift through the corner together then fight down the next short straight for position for the next corner.
(Note from Ralph- that is ONE SWEET CAR<above>, both in Looks and Performance!)

Another find build from XracerHO, and in his words- Blue Duece Coupe Modified #02,
The guys did a good job on the metallic blue paint job to replicate an actual modified that ran on the local track. The Driver called it his own two cents worth! These modified are on AFX chassis and screw mounted using the front recessed hole in the chassis.
It has a full roll cage, side, front & rear bars made of brass soldered together to form one integrated bar system which straddles the top plate & sits on the top of the chassis. This has a different rollbar set up with front box with a criss cross bar at the rear window which you can just make out in the photo.
The radiator which was fabricated from brass mesh & flat stock bent then soldered together. It is behind a front protective mesh and front bars.
Camera man tilted but you can see the roll bar & more front end detail. The shop guys sure liked their little deuce coupe!
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Neet Modified Willys on the lift...Another Modified Racer pic by XracerHO....the Willy's is actually a friend's racer, not his own...

Ok, here are the Pix that (I think?) Franke wanted to post (they are Awesome !)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ok, here's more/better pix from Frank....some are duplicates- but the images are better :
Image Al Tasnady44 Archie Myers111

ImageBilly Osmun 81 & Gerald Chamberlain's 76

ImageThe Norcia #81

ImageKen Brenn Jr #24 chases Al Tasnady's 44

ImageKen Brenn Jr leads "The Shillington Slingshot" Kenny Brightbill

ImageHot Laps

ImageGlenn Fitzcharles #R-10 and Archie Myers #111

Image "The Everett Express" Gerry Chamberlain

ImageComin to the Races

ImageKenny Brightbills 19 pinto and Gerald Chamberlain's Falcon
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Just for FUN, from the what IF files....
this is an "O-Goes-HO" body with a custom made hood and paint job...

FrankfromNY writes -A modified coach built by my friend Pete using a Resin Dude body. He referenced pictures from the 3 Wide Picture Vault to get ideas for his paint scheme.

FrankfromNY writes -A couple of Lincoln modifieds built by my friend Rob.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Pix from RichD's 2011 Sizzler Race...
ImageConcours

ImageCoupes Field

ImageCoupes Podium

ImageFairgrounds Field

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Pix courtesy of FrankfromNY....and Frank writes : "Al with his # 25 coupe, Pete with his # 77 coach & my #11 coach."

Just in from FrankfromNY, and he writes- "A 57 Chevy Bomber WIP built by my friend Lou. It started out as an AW Christmas ornament that was available in limited quantities at Target. Still needs a rear bumper added & some other details."

[img]http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/1970peaches/aabbking24.jpg/img]

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Here's some nicely done Butch's Resin Bodies....

Image '55 Buick

Image '56 Chevy

Image '57 Ford
Sam Writes- "This 55 was stepped on..... 4 GEAR !!! "
Sam writes- "How about a Henry J ? "

Sam Writes- "This was a nasty resin I picked up. Too thick and heavy to race on a T jet chassis , but worked out great on a 4 gear. "

Sam writes - "A broken Cigar Box Willys....4 GEAR! My uncle had some cars like these when I was a kid. "

Sam Writes- "I don't know who makes this body. It had mounting posts , but did not fit a Tjet chassis......4 GEAR !!!. "

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Some Oldies But Goodies- from our old Friend, Larry Lype(RIP)
I just found this old images he posted a while back, and I just wanted to share them again here...

ImageImage

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Here's some excellent Bad Dawg Resin bodies(Tyco Roughriders copies) cast by Bruce(RIP) of Traxs, and detailed/owned by 1976Cordoba...
FYI- these Resin Bad Dawg bodies, like the original tyco roughriders they were copied from, ONLY fit on Tyco Curvehugger/HP2 Chassis only, because the faux engine occupies space only the Curvehugger chassis have to spare.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 pm

FrankfromNY posted a few new pix recently, and well, I'm just a sucker for his old Ford Coach Ground Pounder :text-bravo:

Here's a few more of T-Jet Tom Bakers awesome builds...and those Dioramas are AWESOME ! :text-bravo:

Here's another Tom Baker build...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Here's a semi Scratch built Late model, built by my friend Dan, from up in Winnipeg, Manitoba-
Homemade Resin cast by my forum friend- Neal(RIP), based a diecast Humber Body, but made into a Buick Dirttracker

Hey PATRICK- Sell me THIS BODY !!!! :mrgreen:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Here is a vintage HOCOC style Coupe made from a 41 Willys- Built by RichD. The pipes, nerf bars and bumpers are from Dash motorsports.

Image1958 Impala
Bluegnuoy Posted :
ImageHeres my newest ride

Image I don't have any good close ups but here is what I have

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Awesome Ralph!

Again Thank you for all your efforts.

Some very cool cars you posted pics of.

I was actually kind of sad we had are local slot show in Richfield Ohio last weekend and I couldn't go due to not being able to drive yet due to doctors orders.

I like buying beat up Ho bodies cheap and turning them into master pieces like you pictured.

I will just have to wait for the Spring show to roll around in April.

So many cool Ho cars to build!

Wayne :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Neat deal, bringing these shots over here. Thanks RIII
TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:55 pm

These are all so cool. The shot of the Sizzler Race is just awesome.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale