[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Various Dirttrack Builds-from the Old HRW Archives...

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm

OK, time permitting, I plan on posting about 70+ more pix, that I found I had stashed away in my one Facebook Photo album. So here are the start of those pix, which probably won't have captions- unless they are of my own cars.

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:00 pm

MORE Pix :D

BTW- I just LOVE The '55-'56 Fords !

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Tom Baker custom Built T-Jet

These are MY CARS- the first ones I built for Dirttrack Racing several years ago...
Image Only one of it's kind HO Slot Car body in the World- thats my Hot Rod Lincoln ! I spent waaaay too many hours building this.Note- sine this pic was taken, the Radiator has been swapped and the car is #'d and sponsored and wheels changed.

If you look in MY "Low Budget Race Team" Thread, you can see how this car has changed and evolved thru the years...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Really like the red #11 coupe and the Bodine #99 Valiant. I really like the repros of actual 1:1 race cars! Have seen pictures of both of those cars on vintage sites!
TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 pm

again, this is one of my earliest Car, and this class of Dirt Drifters was built on Tyco U-Turn Chassis, and can drift further and longer than any other HO Car ever made ! BTW- It's sponsored by Harley Davidson, and thats an 1/64 scale XR750 Harley next to the chevy. And FWIW- I was(in real life) a former motorcycle Flattrack Racer from 1974-1984.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
'55 Chevy Vintage Modified built by Tom Baker
___________________________________________________________________________________

"The Flaming Watermelon" came from Land HO Raceway, and looks right at home with the other vintage cars rolling into the track.

Image These are more of my earliest dirttrack Builds from several years ago....

Imagemy WIP Modified Coupe, bodywork to create a Coupe out of a Hot Rod Roadster. This build-up is for a Community Build Project on the Slot Car forum at Hobby Talk.
Imagemy WIP Modified Coupe, bodywork to create a Coupe out of a Hot Rod Roadster. The Chassis is complete and FAST, now for lotsa bodywork

Image FINISHED>- because it was a Build Project for a SlotCar Forum. Parts and pieces from HotWheels and many other sources came together for this RaceCar....do ya like it ?

More of my old Modifieds..
ImageLooks like a Vintage Hot Rod Meet at the Speedy Pit Shop this weekend. FYI- the Three Dirttrackers are using modded Dash bodies and Aurora Chassis, and the Red Hot Rod is All Aurora except for the tires....note that the rears are white walls, and they are custom made Stepped-WIDE Silicones designed and made by a friend.
ImageMy Hot Rods in comparison. No two look alike, no two tuned alike, no two with the same tires, and no two with the same ride height.
ImageHot Rod Comparo from Rear. Green Rod has A/FX spongees that I silicone coated myself, Red Rod has Joe C. custom wide Hot Rod size white walls that fit the standard Hot Rod rim, the turquoise Rod has custom made Joe C. Tall Tuffy tires, and the Blue Rod has standard narrow size Hot Rod Silicones.

Here's a Group shot of some of my Vintage Modified Sportsman Cars. The Blue with white meatball #3 on it, is my latest creation, and was built all from spare chassis parts- and a basket case (Dash) body. And FYI- I didn't paint that car, it's brush painted by the previous owner, who also made a T-Top out of it, as he hacked off all but the rear of the HotRod Coupe Roof/Bulkhead, and attached the front half of a Super Modified Roll Cage minus the Wing. And btw- the #56 car was also a used (Dash)body that was salvaged, and has been modded to sit really low.

Vintage Frankenstein Aurora T-Jet Chassis with Wild One Arm, Dash Hot Rod Body w/hacked roof, rear portion is coupe/front portion is Super Modified, and center portion is covered with Painters TAPE ! Headers are diecast metal from a HotWheels Super Modified, front wheels are Tuff Ones, Rear wheels are Tyco CurveHugger Centerlines with axle holes opened to T-Jet specs, front nerfbar is homemade from bent paperclip.
Vintage Sportsman Modified, featuring Aurora T-Jet Chassis with Wild One Arm, Paint by previous owner, applied w/Brush !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 am

Talk about a blast from the past! A lot of the cars in the pictures that I took are still being raced. Here is a podium shot from this past weekend.

The red #14 car has had its wheelbase stretched and it also has bigger wheels and tires.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:08 pm

thanks for sharing all those nices pictures
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 am

I love the red white blue Torino?

The K&K Charger is awesome too!

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoganracing » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 pm

hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby BRP32 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Definitely Ralph!

Thank you for taking the time to post all these pics!

Some really great looking paint schemes!!!!!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Hogan Racing's '56 Ford

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 am

BTW Patrick, one of the reasons I like YOUR '56 Ford Better is, it's a Sedan, and doesn't have any of that Fairlane/Crown Vic Trim on the Sides, as I much prefer the stripped Mainlines better :)

Image :handgestures-thumbup:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:47 am

Cool looking '56 Ford!

Would be nice to have in a field of old '50s bombers like I had and sold in 1/32.

I'm looking to scale back my 1/32 collection and mainly focus on Ho from here on out.

I like the compactness of my 4 lane Ho track at 36" X 65" plus the wide availability of cars in Ho now.

Thank you to all you Ho guys for contributing and building the interest in Ho again here on the boards!

It had fallen to the wayside for awhile there up until recently again!

Wayne :text-thankyouyellow:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby qball41 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:15 am

qball41

Postby qball41 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 am

qball41

Previous

Return to HRW HO Scale