[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My new "Dirt Track".

My new "Dirt Track".

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: My new "Dirt Track".

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:31 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the info. I couldn't resist making a comment about Bill Wilson, he seemed to love being up top with all the marbles where others feared to tread.

We did rolling starts and restarts back in the 80's, and it did take practice to get right. We had 4 lanes and 4 drivers, draw cars and race. Leader started in lane 1 and so on. Caution for accidents, reset field with leader in lane 1 and so on. Driver switched lanes with car using quick change phono plugs on controllers. Rolling restart as leader came out of turn 4. 10 lap heats (all green flag laps), 25 lap features with caution (restart) laps only counting till lap 15. Starting lineups were inverted by car"s points. So even if you started a race 4th, out in Bill Wilson's lane, you were driving the previously most successful car in the race. Points were only credited to the cars, not drivers. Goal was to do the best with the car you got. Tons of fun, no egos, no hassles. All cars were tuned regularly to keep the field as even as possible.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:42 am

Great looking set up!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BRP32 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:45 am

I want to see more pics as this track progresses!

Makes me want to build another myself out of my extra track laying around.
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby njbumper » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Where can you purchase the dirt modified bodies? Thx MikeB
njbumper

Postby BRP32 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:34 pm

I love this coupe body and paint scheme!

What body is this coupe body?

Is it a resin dude body or cut down willys body?

Also please more pics of your great track and cars please!!!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Wayne :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW HO Scale