Tyco Pro cars

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Tyco Pro cars

Postby BRP32 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Some of my favorite Tyco Pro cars in my collection.

I wish I could buy them for this price now.......

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Tyco Pro cars

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:09 pm

I remember when the TycoPro First Came out in 1971, Wow ! ....But after a month of ownership, and being I was only 13 years old, I developed such a Love and Hate Feeling.... those Dang Foils !
I own 4 of the cars shown above in the poster(and 3 later TP's), although they aren't my Original purchases from '71, although 2 are just like my first cars, the Trick Mustang and Trick Camaro F/C's.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 pm

And the '72-'73 Catalog (hmm...still Not Showing the White Boots !?)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Finally ! The White(Go-Go) Boots ! :handgestures-thumbup:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 am

love bus picture must be a pre-production shot, really different from the release..unless there were 2 ?
COOL REFERENCE !
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby BRP32 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:54 am

Wow!

Thanks Ralph for all the catalog pics!

I have a good majority of these cars.

I never liked the "Foil" pick ups on these chassis. I like the button pick ups much better which all my chassis have.

I remember looking at these cars as a kid at Christmas at Sears in a big display case in their individual cubes.

Way cool!

The 2 cars that started this crazy slot car obsession was the british flag lola and the black label mcclaren.

They were in my tyco pro set I got for Christmas when I was about 5 years old back in the early '70s.

It was a double figure eight set. I still remember the old red cobble stone track piece!

Good memories racing with my cousins back then!

:D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Wayne ,

I seen somewhere (maybe here) an article on converting HP7's to braid type pick ups or wipers . I have some TYCO PRO's and it looked like it might work on the TYCO PRO's as well .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Gonzo!

I didn't catch that article about converting HP7 chassis to wire braids.

I like running my chassis stock as is mostly.

The tyco pro chassis came with the button pick ups(which I prefer) and the copper wiper pick ups.

I just like running my cars stock with family and friends or when I run the track at BADLHOBBY.

We got into that arms race of modifying chassis with 1/32 and all it turned into was whoever had the most money to invest won. Fortunately those guys moved along to other things do to becoming bored in the hobby fast.

I appreciate the other classes but I'm good with running OEM as they came.

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 pm

I have both button and wiper TYCO PRO's . I like the wipers better . Of course you have to find the material and make them now .

Have you ran any HP7's ? That's a good HO chassis to race as you have to drive them similar to a T-Jet .

Are you not currently racing 1/32nd scale ?

Are your racers still coming ?

Regards ,
Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:57 am

Hey Gonzo,

Yeah, I have t-jets, tyco pro,curve huggers,HP2,HP7, 440(with traction magnets removed) AFX magnatraction/AW xtraction are what work best on my little 4 lane track. Pics below. I have extra track and just acquired 2 hollow core doors to build a few more. My kids and I have been racing Ho primarily while I have been rehabbing from spinal surgery. They like Ho much more than 1/32. I also have BADLHOBBY to race at 10 minutes from my house. He has a number of Ho tracks to race on.

As far as 1/32 I think our club got together 4-5 times this year? I started selling off my 1/32 collection when I knew I was having surgery to supplement my time off from work on disability. I had about 150 cars now I'm down to 20 just in case the club gets together so I have a few cars. I don't miss 1/32 much. I still have my 4 x 12 4 lane 1/32 track ands a few cars to race. I may add more cars over time again once I get back to work. I am focused on Ho for now though....

Wayne :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale