[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Postby BRP32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Awesome!

Sounds like we have an oval building epidemic around here! :lol:

A small hollow core door layout doesn't take much time or room to build. Expense is minimal too!

Jump in it is a good time!!!!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Hey Wayne ,

Why did you give up on the 1/32nd scale racing ? I thought you had a racing group racing 1/32nd with you ?

The HO is cool and I have my tracks here at home . However , commercially I also race 1/24th and 1/32nd scale cars . I've been thinking of setting up a "take down" 1/32nd Oval using my 2 ARTIN sets . I have a lead on some R4's to go with it .

Anyway , keep up the good work .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Hey Gonzo,

Since having spinal surgery back in September and still being on disability with work not letting me come back till I'm 100% I had to supplement my household income somehow which meant the 1/32 had to go. The group I race 1/32 with may of got together 3-4 times at most this past year so needless to say I couldn't justify having over 150 1/32 cars just sitting when my family has basic needs. So the last of my 1/32 will be leaving shortly once payment for my 1/32 track arrives. All cars have been sold.

I've always had and enjoyed Ho and with Badlhobby only being 10 minutes away I have plenty of large tracks to race on at Bob's shop. I picked up a super international set a few years back inexpensively and was able to build my small 4 lane road course hollow core door track along with the 4 lane oval I am building now with all the track that was in the set. All my extra Ho track I have is being given to my friend Greg(eeprof) in Connecticut to build a Ho road course with since he has been generous and kind to help me out over the years with track builds.

So for now I will focus solely on Ho from this point forward. I have always had Ho from a young child on and it has brought me a lot of good memories. That is why I can relate to Ho so much better than 1/32. I can get a lot more Ho for my money also at the slot shows than 1/32 too. It is just more affordable and takes up less space. I really enjoy building these sceneried hollow core door layouts in Ho and they are compact enough to store easily to.

I also have found most of the cars I liked in 1/32 are available in Ho now so turning loose of my 1/32 car collection was very easy to do now that I can have many of them in Ho. They store easier also in Ho carrying cases so what is not to like about Ho?

:D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi Wayne
the borders i was talking about are from Tyco U turn set came original color yellow

outer border - 5871-1 tyco u turn for 9 r 1/4 curve = 1 piece of track
inner border - 5871-1 Tyco u turn for 9 r 1/4 curve = 1 piece of track
end cap for border 5871-3 tyco - u turn 2 different model but same number...

They older borders from Tyco some kind of molded or small guardrail original color yellow
Tyco 8764 they are smaller than the other ones 2 pieces for 1 curve 9 r 1/4

Aurora later AFX made many model and of them were some kind of banked...
i am glad you like the idea
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Wayne, you mean I don't get the 150 cars with the track?........Just kidding!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks Sylvain for the border information. That is very helpful!

Unfortunately Larry my cars have been gone for some time now. My track was the last to go.

I look forward to your build with it.

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:57 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Updated.

This build is on again. Why not right? If you have the materials may as well build another track!

See first posting regarding it above.

More pics will be posted once I acquire additional track pieces and start on the scenery.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi Wayne
i hope you can find everything you need and see another nice layout also
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm going to BADLHOBBY now to see Bob. Hopefully he has everything that I need to finish it up.

Just got the finished 1 x4 trim boards nailed around the outside of the door to keep the cars contained from falling off the table.

:D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:24 pm

New Ho 4 lane oval update:

Bob didn't have the BADLHOBBY storefront open yet due to his move out of his old storefront last week. So for now I will have to wait to purchase the few track pieces needed to complete the track. I did caulk the outer 2 lane oval down to the table top this evening. the inner 2 lane loop will have to wait until the rest of the track pieces are purchased.

I wish I could post pics but I'm currently using a borrowed lap top due to a hard drive crash of my computer. Once I purchase a new computer I will post my pics of this build.

Wayne (Bolton Raceway Park and Speed Shop) :D :D :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Looking forward to seeing update pics Wayne! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Looking forward to getting more inspiration from your posts Wayne. Keep the pics coming when you get it all together on the computer front.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Will do guys!

Once I get my tax return I will be buying another computer tower.

Ours just crashed recently so we were fortunate my wife's sister let us borrow her lap top for the time being.

Anyhow, I was inspired by Challengerguys figure 8!

That motivated me to move forward and build the 4 lane oval.

It is 2' x 6' so perfect for running stock t-jets on!

I want to pick up some of those old coupe bodies and sedans resin dude makes in Ho.

Will be perfect for this small oval.

Now I need inspiration for the scenery for it.

Not sure how I will move forth with the scenery on this track yet?

Stay tuned for more updates.......

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Glad to see you are going through with finishing your track. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale