[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Brickyard - Old School

The Brickyard - Old School

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

The Brickyard - Old School

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Atlas and Lionel. If I had more Atlas track I could complete it without the Lionel, but that's OK. Notice each lane uses each radius, hence the need for 12 crossovers. The rotation is 1,3,4,2 working from lane 1 (inside) to lane 4 (outside). I needed to add the precious 3-inch lane segments to make the track wide enough. Of course, I may change it to 12/15 curves instead of 9/12 but I just had to see how much space I need on the plywood to accommodate both layouts. Also, notice that I have 6 of the necessary 8 pieces of Atlas single lane track - luckily, with how atlas/lionel joins, you can simply offset a two lane track piece to create a one lane length as long you are have space on the outside.

So many ideas with this track.

Edit - The original Atlas layout does indeed use 12/15 on diagonally opposite corners and 9/12 on the other two. Again - you can do anything you want to change it up. Everyone has to ride each corner radius no matter what you decide!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The Brickyard - Old School

Postby dge467 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:09 pm

That is crazy cool!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby eeprof » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 pm

eeprof
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 pm

that is wonderful!!!
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 am

AWESOME ! :handgestures-thumbup:
And FWIW, I have a large collection of Atlas and Lionel track, but have yet to finalize any track plans. And I like yours, but I don't have any of the cross-overs or cross tracks to make a figure 8.....and probably never will. But yours is an inspiration, and I love the thought that went into the lane changes....Sweet !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey, Ralph -- Happy New Year! That "Brickyard" layout is one of the masterpiece designs in the big ATLAS layout book from the sixties. Ever seen the manual? It's magazine thick with red and black print on white pages. I always loved that Indy oval, it was so ingenious, and made full use of the unique Atlas track connector system. I've got a couple of boxes full of the track, but probably still not enough of the connectors to make the 9, 12, and 15 inch radius six lane oval I always wanted.
Think we've spoken about this connector issue before. PM me when you get a chance. Enjoy racin' in 2015! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale