Hopefully coming soon: a new resin project and new ideas!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Hopefully coming soon: a new resin project and new ideas!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:52 pm

A friend of mine is making these. He's working out the rail issue. But the resins look great! Intersections for everyone! LOL. We also figured out a way to easily make single lane sections. I am getting the idea that if I could get enough of these pieces, in the translucent colors, I could light them up from underneath or from the edge and make some really cool layouts! He may even mold them in groups of four to eliminate the need for small pins.

Feel free to comment about sources for rails and techniques to cut square sections out of them. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Hopefully coming soon: a new resin project and new ideas

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Hmm...very interesting!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby gonegonzo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 am

Are these track pieces available for sale ?

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:21 am

Gonzo, send me a PM and I will point you to my friend - he's not on HRW forums but is on HRW on FB. If you do FB, I can make a post there to help out.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi
i have been looking at this nice piece of work, i Wonder if your friend can make 5 foot long strait and can be fitted to Tomy tracks? and how much a piece?
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:22 am

Sylvan. I will be hanging out with my friend at the fray in March. I can talk about it with him then. The only problem I see is five feet is a very long piece to cast in resin and you need to have an original to work with. Probably makes more sense to have five 15 inch pieces made. He made me some nice single lane atlas pieces. I just have to add rails from two lane straight sections.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi
thanks to answer me back, 15 inch strait are easy to find, so far i do have 80 of them, of course i do have Tomy track 3 - 6 - 9 inch straits too, i saw something similar made by a former( not sure) hrw member in 1/32 scale, he made strait section and cut 1 piece of Carrera track to make 2 joint( glued to each extremety), with one long piece strait you can have smootness. were you on the old hrw forum or before 2012? the member i am talking about is easy to reconized...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:47 am

Oh yes, I have been on HRW since the early 2000s. But I had to change my username when we ended up in this new server environment. But yes, you can easily make long routed wood sections for the larger scales but in HO the achilles heel is the rails. Some folks router the additional slots and use colored wire to keep the rails tight. Others have expoxied rails on top of a plywood surface and then painted to make everything look nice. In my opinion, there's not much point making a long routed straight piece. I think you could do just as well fitting sectional track together permanently and making the joints as smooth as possible with sanding and filling (and electrically soldering the pieces together too). Good luck!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi
thanks to answer me back again, most of the procedure have been done already on my friends layout(can be seen on another post) on hrw, i was thinking to try long strait on my future layout i plan to made in the near future, i have been reading for a while and braid, does not work with ho pick up shoes, i will continue of searching of what can be done
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale