[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My new "Dirt Track".

My new "Dirt Track".

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

My new "Dirt Track".

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My new "Dirt Track".

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:20 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:31 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Great looking track! I like your cars too.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:56 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Jeff, glad to see you are showing off your latest little Dirttrack :text-bravo: Cool Pix !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Great looking track and cars!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby downtowndeco » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Great looking track! You gotta find a place for small grandstand, a flag tower & a hot dog stand though. : )
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 pm

TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:25 am

Beautiful cars and very nice track. Wished I thought to paint my 4'x8' HO oval 'dirt' color back in the day.

Really enjoy seeing all those cars, from multiple eras and tracks, all together. The only thing I saw that I think was out of place was the picture with the #7 of Bill Wilson on the inside lane. I remember the #7 as being a rim runner, loved that outside lane and making the long way around the fast way around. I remember track announcers referring to him as "High, wide, and handsome".

With those magna traction cars running on power up to 15 volts, what sort of lap times are typical? I'm imaging brightly colored blurs flying around the track. What sort of racing format do you use for these cars - short heats or longer races (by time or laps) with lane rotations? Do you have moving starts & restarts, and do you reset the field after accidents with the car that brought out the caution going to the rear?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby BRP32 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 am

What an awesome track!

I would love to build a dirt track with my extra track at some point also.

I love the pics of the cars too!

Thanks for sharing!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 am

Nice "atmosphere"!

Like your approach to just enough scenery

. . . but would some night lighting be too much?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Great looking track and cars!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:39 pm

WOW that looks real nice, Makes one want to move to PA.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale