[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Mod tour rolls in to New Hampshire

HRW Mod tour rolls in to New Hampshire

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

HRW Mod tour rolls in to New Hampshire

Postby turbokev » Thu May 21, 2015 8:09 pm

The Home Racing World Modified Tour made its way to sunny New Hampshire just in time for Memorial Day festivities!

I gave them an initial shakedown run tonight after supper.. and it was great to be behind the throttle again.
With the job search, resume writing, car flips and various other duties I have been pretty removed from hobby time.
I can’t thank everyone enough for the great builds here and allowing them to make the trip to up North so I can run them.
I am impressed with the variety and the quality of the builds! Each car has something about it that I learned a bit from..
Can’t wait to get back to building and apply some new techniques :D

I’ve uploaded a couple videos so you can see them on the track.. SloMo and regular speed, and I’ve taken a bunch of pictures.. all posted below or linked to.. Enjoy!
I’ll post more about race time when I firm it up as I’d like to broadcast live.. Maybe Monday morning prior to Memorial Day activities? Or Monday night around 9:30pm eastern?
Let me know what works best (for those of you who would want to see it) and we’ll try to make it happen. If this weekend is too busy, I can do it later in the week~

Here’s some close ups of each car.. (and the crew trying to figure out how Harry blew his header clear off!)

Last edited by turbokev on Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: HRW Mod tour rolls in to New Hampshire

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Outstanding!!!

Hey...maybe it's the cheater exhaust showing itself :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BigDave » Thu May 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Nice job! I can't wait to see how they run.
BigDave

Postby btaylor » Fri May 22, 2015 2:21 am

Looks like they made it just fine! hope you have as much fun with them as I did! they are great.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:29 am

OUCH,, that looked like " On my Head in Hampshire" Kev. Lol
Have fun. The track looks great , Looking forward to this.
I think we should have those little stickers that show where we've travelled to plaster over our
tails lol.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri May 22, 2015 10:01 am

The cars look really good on your track - I guess there is something about the lighting, the scale Lime Rock Building, and the panoramic backdrop, that just makes everything look better!

I even see some of your detailed nymodifieds lurking in the pits...

Looks like a nice running oval - and you can get a sense how the individual cars are running right from the go.

...And I like that decal idea - kind of a cross between those U.S. States decals we used to see in rear side glass of well-traveled family station wagons - and local track "Win" stickers. Maybe they could be made up small and stuck to the bottom of each participating car at each track, or even super small and affixed to the car's bodywork, rear bumper or whatever.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby strangebrew » Fri May 22, 2015 10:23 am

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Cooper and I ran the cars last night for an hour or so and had a great time..
No official timing and scoring yet, just getting used to the cars and having fun with them.

Strangebrew, I sprayed the motor with electrical contact cleaner and then ran the car for about 50 laps with no problems..
Maybe it had a tiny little chunk of debris in there, but it seems to be ok right now..

If it acts up again for the actual race tomorrow night, I'll replace the motor, I have extras here.

As for the sticker/decal idea.. I like that too..
I've got an actual vintage Lime Rock Park sticker.. I could scan it and make a decal sheet.
I'd be glad to put a small one on each car of those who would want it? Let me know~

As for the race, I plan to do that Monday night around 9:30pm eastern time.. Hopefully live on Ustream.
I'll update this thread prior to the race~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun May 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Im in for stickers Kev, I think it would be like a badge of honor you know.
Ill be racing tomorrow in Toronto at The Ring , so won't see the live broadcast, but it should be cool.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BigDave » Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am

Love the sticker Idea also, I am in!
BigDave

Postby turbokev » Mon May 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Ok guys, race will be run tonight at 9:30 eastern time.

I qualified the cars in numerical order and here's how they will run tonight..
(Reverse order, slowest qual to fastest)

3.709 - the 10 car
3.332 - the 17 car
3.327 - the 64 car
3.250 - the green 13 car
3.213 - the 77 car
3.191 - the purple 31 car
3.171 - the 44 car
3.154 - the yellow 13 car
3.096 - the 3 car
3.075 - the 7 car
3.002 - the green 13 car

The U stream channel is BSMS

I'll try to figure out how to post the link shortly.
( my laptop is already hooked up to the timing system and doesn't have Internet, I'm using my iPhone to broadcast )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon May 25, 2015 6:30 pm

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bsms

Theres the link.. will turn it on right around 9:30
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 25, 2015 7:46 pm

WooHoo! I'm a pavement racer :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Mon May 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Not sure when the iPhone battery went dead.. sorry about that..
I wrapped everything up at 11:30pm my time.

Oh well, off to bed.. results and comments tomorrow!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BigDave » Mon May 25, 2015 10:02 pm

Very cool Kev thanks for all the hard work and effort.
BigDave

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!