[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Axles, lots & lots of axles

Axles, lots & lots of axles

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Axles, lots & lots of axles

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Just received my order of drill rod from these people.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/

5-3ft pcs. of A2 airhardened drill rod with free freight. Woo-hoo. :dance:

https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.c ... &top_cat=0

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Axles, lots & lots of axles

Postby choc-ice » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:32 pm

3 ft? That's a really wide car you're building. Once you get ahead it'll be impossible to overtake you ;)
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol: . Geez now I know why I will never get on the cover of Forbes. :lol: I'm not thinking big enough. Here all the time I was thinking of cutting them up. :doh:

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:49 pm

I am placing an order myself, that's a heck of a deal!
Thanks for posting this.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby gascarnut » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Interesting.

How are you going to heat treat it?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Does anyone other than me find it ironic that Dodge Farmer, who just purchased 15 feet of drill rod for axles, lives in Grindrod, BC. (Yes there really is place called that)

Guess what he will be doing with his Dremel, grinding rod, eh?

Keith
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Whats the runout on these rods? i.e how straight is the rod over a 3" length?
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:58 pm

How did you get the free freight?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Here's a pic.

Very well packed as drill rod should be. I have yet to cut into the rods but if my previous experiences with drill rod (run out gauge on my crank grinder) are any indication there should be next to 0 runout. Drill rod is made and shipped to a very tight tolerance. Kieth, that's funny. Generally I'm the guy that picks up on that sort of thing right away and this time I never even saw it. Bob when I opened the site a window came up informing me that I qualified for free freight with a code to be applied at checkout.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:54 pm

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Yep. That's one of 3 outfits I get axles from. I am ashamed to say this, but on the old site we went through this, and I have been using them ever since. I am sorry, guys. But its great to see that they are rediscovered. I wasn't the first to find them, so Dodgefarmer is still the hero. They work great, by the way.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby mattb » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 am

That would be a great deal with free shipping, but $18 shipping makes it not worthwhile for me. I guess I will keep checking the site andmaybe free shipping will pop up sometime. If it does, I will post that here.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop