[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Aurora McLaren M12

1/32 Aurora McLaren M12

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1/32 Aurora McLaren M12

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Never sure where the best place is to put these......this one is has a Vintage body, is scratchbuilt, and will be entering the HRW CanAm proxy.

This is an Aurora McLaren M12 (Aurora called it the "XLR" ) that was available late 1969/early 70 . As there will likely be several Slot-it/Carrera M8D's entered, I thought a different McLaren would be nice.

The car has had a few detail bits added...rollbar, mirrors,exhausts, intakes, drivers' head, etc. added. and the vents have been cut open, and covered with screening where appropriate.

The following shot is if the original and redone shell.........I will not be impressed with anyone liking the original more!! ;)

A couple of different angle shots.......it was cloudy today, and as the shots were taken outside, they do look a little flat.

The chassis...I have posted this before, but I have now changed the pinion (a bevelled ARP) and, dyed the crown.

On track with a few of my other CanAm cars.....................I could probably stage my own CanAm proxy!!!.... :dance: :lol:

Cheers
Chris Walker
Last edited by chrisguyw on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 Aurora McLaren M12

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Absolutely stunning. Anyone see my jaw? I dropped it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Yeah Harry, I think your jaw is somewhere near mine... on the floor... :o

Simply put, stunning work there Chris. Not only on the body, but the clean work of the chassis is impressive. :auto-checkeredflag:
I can't wait until I can do work like that... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby RV Racing » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Exceptional workmanship! Really well done -- body, chassis, paint, detailing -- everything!

Thanks,
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

That is a nice build all around! WOW!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby scatman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Big thanks for sharing. Awesome!
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Not sure where to look, car - track - car - track!!

Very neat job on all fronts!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:49 am

Another great looking car; both the body and the chassis!

You definitely have your own CanAm grid there; and they all look great!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:33 am

It's nice to see a oldie brought back to life. Very nice car. I may try to copy the chassis for a body I have. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:34 am

That is a CLEAN looking build! WOW!
Thank you for sharing!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:56 am

Chris,
That is a beautiful field of cars! If I am not mistaken, an Aurora Ferrari 612 in the front row with the McLaren? Or perhaps a resin repop?
What I don't know is the blue car on the front row. I presume a resin? Is that an Elfin perhaps, being down under? Doesn't look like a Lola to me, though maybe I am wrong.
Definitely a different car though, and beautifully presented.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:31 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:56 am

Chris - absolutely stunning! I'm going to go beat mine with a hammer now.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Chris,
Beautiful chassis work as always. I don't even have the gumption to try and fit a C-can into a 1/32 car, much less modifying a pod to take it. That's some effort and craftsmanship to envy, right there.
I wondered if it wasn't a vac body, but one can always hope. Still, it's a beautiful car and the detailing you put in really makes it.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop