[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: A little work on the Palmer Divide Raceway

Postby red73mustang » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:58 am

You really capture the "sadness" of the junkyard resting place. Only thing missing is a junkyard dog chained up by the gate.
red73mustang
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:24 am

True, but I'd let him wander loose as I'm not a fan of chains. I have thought about a few fuzzy bunnies though.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:38 pm

looks very good sir. You're attention to small detail makes for a very believable scene.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dr Dan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Not only is the scenery fabulous, the track itself is a work of art.
The elevation changes are my favorite feature.
Looks both fun and challenging !

Dan
Dr Dan

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks folks. Glad you like it. A track is never done and once I get scenery turf down I'll go back to casting more and different figures and stuff. The plan is for many vignettes around the track. I did install a back drop and immediately took it down. It really did not look good and the track is more like furniture now, so oh well!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 pm

I had a few hours to myself to do some much needed landscaping before family shows up tomorrow night. I got roughly 90% done. I keep the outer edges until last so I can lean over it without causing problems.

The turf is comprised of paint, sanded grout and then I used three types of static grass over all of that. I used WS Autumn 2mm and Silfor 6mm Autumn and late Summer grasses. The trees have been used on all three of my layouts as have the fence parts. This time I tried to make everything a little less perfect than the last track and I think it looks much better. I still plan on more bushes, and a ton more figures, etc. when done.

What the track looks like under construction:

After a quick cleaning:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:47 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:56 am

Dave,
Do you have any sort of construction plans for those bridges or do you just wing it? I need to build a rather wide and tall one (to clear Fly trucks) for my track and it needs to house the timing system as well.

Thanks,
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 am

Can't say it enough...just outstanding work.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:30 pm

No worries Dave, girls like slots and they can be pretty good from the start

Fine track you have a museum piece
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:12 am

WOW! Dave - that track just keeps looking more and more amazing!
Bravo sir! Bravo!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby RV Racing » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:20 pm

What's the RMS-approved technique on applying the static grass? Do you have one of those static applicators, or just wing it?

Cheers,
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:44 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ratfink03 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:10 am

Beautiful track Dave. Love the design and the attention to detail. Inspirational and only hope I can achieve something half as interesting.. Great job.. I was wondering what size white corner barrier did you use and where did you find it.. I'd like to steal your Idea if you do not mind. ( looks like flat plastic) thanks
Robert
ratfink03

Postby slowdogracer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:18 pm

That's really an awesome job you did. Great detail especially with the lighting.
slowdogracer

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard