[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Old and new projects

TGIF - Old and new projects

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Old and new projects

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:37 am

Been a busy week around here as I finish some projects. Good to be back building and updating the site with new reviews.

It's that time of year when things slow down, but not for all of us. This is when I really enjoy having more folks over for visits and also getting out myself. Hopefully I will get to have a couple track visits in the near future. FryDaddy who is a local racer has been helping update the Old Skunkworks with new lighting and I want to finish that in the next couple months.

Going to start a tuning project on the Scaley Legends F1 models as well as start reviving some older models.

Mark posted some great rebuilds on old Carrera models, and after racing at the fun run, have my own ideas.

Have some older NINCO models that would benefit from fresh gear. Shotgun Dave and I raced them a little and it would be nice to upgrade them.

And of course the 90's NASCAR series is well underway on my workbench. Having a blast with the first one and my goal is to create at least 4 of them.

The General is heading out this weekend to visit family and leaving me to fend for myself. Looks like I'll be at the work bench seeing what trouble I can get into :)

So what are your plans for the weekend?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Old and new projects

Postby loosewheel » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:58 am

I don't need any new projects, I have plenty of old ones I will be working on this week. Also there is the never ending spring yard work.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sidedraft » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 am

We are winding down our slot car season now & getting our 1:1 cars ready to do some 3/8 mile dirt track racing. Kinda sad to see it end as of now we start spending BIG money on our cars & that's if we don't get torn up. :cry: The only way we play with slots is if our track gets rained out on a sat nite & then we will do some 1/32 scale racing, it's waaay cheaper, trust me. :lol:
sidedraft

Postby busterfla » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:11 am

Doing a FLY BMW 3.5 CSL conversion to a Slot it Ferrari F40 chassis as suggested on another forum, a lot of work. Also doing a Penelope Pitlane 1953 Ferrari F500 formula one car, chassis was great fun to do, taking my time with the paint. Tires provided are some of the worse ever, looking at Paul Gage's line for substitutions.

Buster
busterfla

Postby Broman62 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am

Besides work...finishing up installing my Trackmate wiring on both my wooden Oval and Carrera layouts. Then wait for my refurbed laptop to get here next week to try them out. Really excited to get it up and running!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:52 am

I've got some resin VW Vans that need some work, I'd like to get moving on that project. Also, Dad and I haven't gotten any track time in the last few weeks, hopefully this weekend fixes that.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Waiting for a couple things in the mail. Picked up some more foamboard so I can start bringing ground level up even with my track.

On the 1:1 side just got done putting together a new gas grill (I do NOT like vague oriental instructions! :angry-tappingfoot: ). Have some brats waiting for the inaugural run :mrgreen: Also got an umbrella for the outdoor table....back deck is starting to come together. Beyond that have to get up early in the AM and mow the yard before it gets warm.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:10 pm

I have some 3D chassis coming in the mail myself from Shapeways.
However, I must go and finish hanging the drywall in my garage so my wife can have the patio back. It was explained to me that this WILL happen this weekend and her patio will be ready for lounging. :angry-tappingfoot: :)
Guess I have my weekend work planned out then. ;)

The original look of this mess.... :scared-eek: :scared-eek: :scared-eek: :text-nocomment:

Got this far....

Finish putting up drywall and hopefully finish the wiring. Then get all my 'toy's off the patio and sort that out.
That should be a full weekend, then I get to go back to work on Monday and rest.... :banana-dance:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:02 pm

that's gonna be nice, Mike!
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Thanks Speedy, it is going to be nice. Wobble I'm liking the that Jag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Well got it mostly finished before the rains came.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:21 pm

The weekend started with the Carrera Panamericana cars running on the new Big Targa track, then some Thai food for supper and back to Luf's for evening of racing. Out shopping all morning, and a nice lunch, now some time to catch up on the forum, post some proxy pics and work on cars.

My Turbo Twins are ready for the 100th Running of Indy Proxy, but I still need to work on my Beachracer proxy cars.

Weather is great, but I am in my slot cave, hard at work.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Mike, that's a beaut'! nice job!
are you gonna jack your track up to the ceiling so that you can put your car in next winter?
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale