[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Big weekend plans?

Big weekend plans?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Big weekend plans?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Dang, David. I use 20 tons of #78 granite to renew my driveways every three years. What are you doing with it? That driveway looks pretty short for that kind of quantity.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Border in the backyard on a slope. Previous owner loved mulch. Me? Not so much...here's where a chunk of it is going:

Replacing all the stones he used for edging, re-doing some sprinkler sections, running the rock down the back fence area and taking out the grass where he put it on the slope and it won't grow as the water runs off of it. I love re-doing landscaping! Boulders coming next week for me to randomly place and I've got more Podentilla bushes going in as well.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Well at least it provides some run-off if the mower goes wide in the turn. :laughing-rolling:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Thanks Mike! I just made an adult beverage come out of my nose...dangit.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Again, the amazing differences from one end of this continent to the other. Potentilla is a weed here. This time of year I am mowing them all the time in the meadow.

I came across this kind of thing along the Coastal Highway (Hwy 1) in California years ago. All along the side of the road for miles and miles between Half Moon Bay and Monterrey, these lovely tiny multicolor flowering plants grow wild between the rocks. The residents think they are a nuisance, but they are beautiful. I said something about them to my hosts, and they said, "Oh, that just a --------plant". I can't remember what it was, but it was kinda undignified, like, "mud plant", or "skank plant" or "moss plant", or something like that. Its a weed! I thought they were so gorgeous, I wanted to bring some home. They look like Jade plants (thick, rounded leaves), but they bloom in several colors, all at once.

Do you have a big iron rod (chingadera) to flop the boulders with? Beats lifting them and wheelbarrowing them around.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Nope. Picture of me:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DrumPhil » Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Finally going to route the Prairie Winds Test Track! :dance: I've got the wood and the beer; Derek has the router and flexi strip. Can't wait!
DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 26, 2016 10:14 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 pm

King David Sisyphus...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 am

No slot cars this weekend. Off to Maine (with bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way - I'm sure............), dropping our dinghy, changing our mooring ball for Summer use and bringing our boat down to the Club from the boatyard.

And...........the 100th running!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:02 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DrumPhil » Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 am

DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Well big change here. Mother in Law had knee replacement surgery and isn't doing too well post op (almost 90) so the household manager is winging to Calif. Looks like the cats, dog and I will be on our own for a while :roll: .
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Fri May 27, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm up in Maine with my kids visiting my parents. The moving wall is in Thomaston so we're going to see that.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Fri May 27, 2016 6:53 pm

What a beautiful nite, moderate temp with a slight breeze. Just sitting here watching the apple wood wisp out of the smoker. No plans :D
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale