[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another '40 Ford beach racer

Another '40 Ford beach racer

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Another '40 Ford beach racer

Postby bdsharp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 pm

A little fine-tuning of the bumpers and bodywork, and it'll be ready for paint. Haven't made a final decision on color, but I'm leaning toward something with mint green and white. This body didn't have running boards- I considered making some, but I think I've decided to just leave 'em off.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Another '40 Ford beach racer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Now we are talkin'. Nice job. That cow mover up front will come in handy around here :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bdsharp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks. As Shotgun said, keeping the tires inside the fenders is a challenge compared to cutting the body to fit big meats. The whole things seems narrow and tippy, but I guess that's pretty authentic.
Last edited by bdsharp on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:29 pm

It's character. I enjoy cars that are truly different to drive and unique to themselves.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Excellent chassis work too, should be fun to run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 pm

I had thought that "Sea Breeze" green would be appropriate, but the car kind of comes off looking like a piece of saltwater taffy. Bad-to-the-bone it is not, but here ya go:
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Are you kdding?

This is great modeling.

Permission to steal photo? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Thumbs up from here!
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:02 pm

As if you need my permission. Please do.

You take very good pictures, Harry. Always bright, clear and sharp. I can see that you have good lighting at the Show-Me; what else do you use for equipment?
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:04 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bdsharp » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks for the look behind the curtain. I have an old Canon Rebel XT, and I'm learning to use a small aperture and long exposure for maximum depth-of-field, but razor-sharp images have so far eluded me. The above shots are ok considering they were taken in outdoor shade with no additional lighting and no post-processing. They were also hand-held, so I had to settle for less DOF at a shorter exposure. There are a lot of $200 cameras out there that take really great pictures.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:33 pm

I think they are top notch. You have better skills than I do. Drink too much coffee to let me handhold it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Oval Racing HQ!