[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Showdown Chassis WIP

Showdown Chassis WIP

Older topics that might still have some photos for reference material.

Showdown Chassis WIP

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:14 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Showdown Chassis WIP

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks Harry, This is just what I need to get me started building in brass again and to a level I have never accomplished before. Very nice instructional video.

Anxiously waiting the rest of the installments.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Thank you Harry for both of those videos again.
I spent a good part of the day looking for those but had little luck.
 :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :banana-dance:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah, Curly insisted. He is such a ham.

More coming soon on design, etc.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:43 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks for taking the time to make these videos Harry. You make it look so easy! It's great to see how other builders build there cars in an easy step by step process. I've got my popcorn ready and waiting for the next instalment
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Question on the sanding of the motor mount. I'm trying in if the JK D3 mounts this year, what did you sand it down with? Tried some 60 grit sandpaper for metal and not making a big dent in the process. Thanks again for these tutorials, hope more folks try building as it's a fun part of the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Question: Do you have a Dremel with the cut off discs? If so, you can make short work of it. Hold it with pliers, it's going to heat up.

The sanding barrel in the Dremel as well. If no Dremel, it's the perfect time to reward yourself with one.

It sounds like a lot, but a good large file will eat that narrow facing up rather quickly.

I have a belt sander station The General bought me a couple years ago. It's what I use for work like this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 pm

VERY good video! Maybe my next one will be a runner!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:05 am

I do have dremel with a cut off wheel. Not sure why I had not thought of that.
I had it in my head I needed a belt sander station. Maybe that's what I ask for this year! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:28 am

You are welcome.

Yes, one of those is a handy item. In fact it truly is one of the most utilized tools on the bench.

HF works for me. If you time it right, you can catch them on sale.

Doc, we are scrambling here just to keep getting lapped by you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:12 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:15 am

Oh yeah? Well we use only the FINEST ACME products here at the Skunkworks :)

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:38 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW Archives