[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thanks photobucket...and bye

Thanks photobucket...and bye

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Thanks photobucket...and bye

Postby taskak » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 am

New terms of service from photobucket;

"Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 50 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting."

So all my pictures on this forum, except few latest one's that are on another hosting site, are locked
and it costs 399,99$ to get them unlocked and shown in the posts.
Ain't gonna happen, if they don't change terms I will delete my photobucket account and maybe edit just the showcase topics to add pictures using different hosting site.

Seems that Lloyd's pictures are also locked on every forum just like mines.

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thanks photobucket...and bye

Postby Wobble » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:42 am

Just as well I jumped ship a while ago by the sounds of this. Postimage.org is a breeze.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 am

I have been using Photobucket for a long time, but I only use it for linking, not for cloud storage. I have been paying to have the ads removed because they really slow things up. Photobucket has had a lot of problems in the past year and they have been partially down from time to time. Since I only use the site for pictures that I expect to link to I do not need a huge amount of storage. I have a few videos on Photobucket, but I could also use YouTube for those. I also have a Flickr account, which is still free. I keep a database that has links to most of my Photobucket and Flickr pictures, it is easier to use that then to thumb through the websites. In the past I have paid for formerly free photo sharing sites only to have them shut down after a month or two. It looks like I will have to spend $99.99 a year to keep using Photobucket. I could move the pictures to Flickr, but then the pictures in my posts would go dead. If I wanted to restore the pictures the posts would have to be edited. There is at least one BB that I post on that does not allow old posts to be edited.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:25 am

I copied all my photobucket pix back to my computer a few months ago. I was afraid they would go away, I would get hit with some kind of virus or they would lock up accounts. Not even talking about how slow and unreliable the site was. I will eventually find a better site.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 am

Well, I've just open an account on Postimage... It works like a charm ! Thanks Wobble for the hint ! :text-goodpost:
grenou2009

Postby Junior » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am

I have been a long time user of Photobucket for posting pics but over the last year the performance has degraded so much it's almost unusable. Have to look into Postimage.
Thanks
Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby grenou2009 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 pm

grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Tell it to resize to 800x600 for a larger image.

From postimage as a test.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby grenou2009 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

grenou2009

Postby chappy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Who is it Grenou, Wickens or Spengler ?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby grenou2009 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:14 pm

grenou2009

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:40 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cgyracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:31 am

Tons of pictures on the various forums now show images that originate from photobucket require updating to enable 3rd party image hosting. Can't believe it goes from free to $399.99 to allow 3rd party hosting. Looks like we all have a choice to make, regrettably a lot of valuable images on the various forum threads will be lost. I do not feel like spending this kind of crazy money....

Rob

Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lUPWRYBA
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 am

So made a Photobucket account. Don't use it as I have the site, but as a test. So this is just the "free" 2GB starter.

Uploaded photo above. I right clicked on the photo and "copied image address". Forget all the code boxes. Just copy the URL like normal.

Used the IMG button here as usual, pasted the address in it.

Photo seems to show to me?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale