[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - AMT Petty Dart Available

AMT Petty Dart Available

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

AMT Petty Dart Available

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Hit the shelves today...

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: AMT Petty Dart Available

Postby sixtiesracer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Now, wouldn't that look nice on an H & R Chassis. :drool: :drool:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 pm

You got that right. But not just one :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Dixon John getting any to sell,I will need 1 for sure
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:19 am

Yeah Im all over this one. I have 2 in transit. Im so glad amt bought this one back. This is the kit of the year for sure. Also the transporter is being reissued in a month or 2 if anyones interested.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:46 am

He is supposed to be Jon. I'll check with him today.

Greg, this release is one of the best in the last FEW years to me :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:25 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Ditto Mick. I have the Duster, but would like another.

From what I am hearing in the small circle of model kit folks, this is one of the most important releases of the year in that hobby.

Can't say I would argue it.

I spoke with Round2 last month, never a straight answer...I am used to that dealing with our UK slot car makers, but they did echo your words almost verbatim.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah Harry I agree it is probably the best release in many years. In saying that the Moebious Hudson & chryslers are up there.

Im planning a few Richard Petty short track builds. But they will be very different. First just just the regular Dart as per the reissue Dart kit. Like this

Then theres this version. Its like a 75 Duster front quarter with a 1970/71 Dart swinger rear end. I dont know why but this version is just bad-ass. To build this I have a 1975 Duster kit for the front & a LA Dart wheel stander swinger kit for the rear. This should be a fun project hacking these 2 together.

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:15 pm

I hope they sell a ton of those kits!!!Having all four to pick from would be Nirvana!!!! :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Marty, I hope you are feeling better soon. In a rush, I had to make a chassis so it can be ready for a race event coming up. BUT I have more than one of these so we can do another when you are feeling better.

So...there are some great looking chassis out there that folks create. This is not one of those. :whistle:

I "rescured" an old H&R that Curly had stashed away in the Boneyard. This chassis was heavily damaged due to few hard crashes, live figure 8s', and a certain "thrill show" ramp someone made (ahem) at one of our events.

In any case, we towed it over to the Skunkworks and started sawing, hammering, soldering, and "tweaking". Pretty? No. Will it work? Oh yes. Little time of the Razorjig and a little heat had it all lined out.

Now to work on the body :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Thats so Boss! You the man Harry. Interesting motor choice? Does that motor have enough beans for this bad-ass machine?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Yes. In fact it's pretty stocked. Great torque, good brakes, and runs more than fast enough.

Want to try one?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:06 pm

How does it compare to the H&R Hawk? The MT5 is 15.2K & the Hawk is 18k isnt it? I find the Hawk perfect for my cars but probably wouldnt want any less beans. Does the MT5 bolt straight in? This is a mopar, it needs plenty of MUMBO right!

Yeah I might hit Mark up for some. Ive got a few Hawks left in my stash to use first.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I like the Hawk a great deal. And still using it most other cars.

But this one has more punch due to increased torque. So it really turns the bigger tires nicely. So what it gives up in top RPM, it gains in power.

On my smaller oval it is a VERY close match.

I have just been trying them out on the last couple builds (Late Model Truck and this one) and so far I like it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!