[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Drag Racing

1/43 Drag Racing

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

1/43 Drag Racing

Postby Alan132 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been drag racing a little the last few years in the 1/64 scale size with a group called Nitroslots. I installed a custom TKO track continuous rail with a Trackmate Dp3000 timing system. Works great and track is super smooth and fast. One day I decided to place one of my SCX 1/43 scale Barracudas on the track and darn if the guide shoe didn't fit right into the slot! I spread out the braids just a tad to make contact with the rails, pulled the trigger on the controller and down the track she flew! Nice and smooth and only on 12vdc. So by spreading out the braids a little I can now host 1/43 scale races just like the 1/64 scale.
Plan to host a few 1/43 races starting next year. Once I learn how to post some pictures to this group I will get some up as soon as I can. Need to start thinking of different classes and what will be permitted in the the way of motors and tire sizes etc. Lots of work ahead but the result will be some great proxy racing in this scale/

More to follow!

Regards - Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Drag Racing

Postby Broman62 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Big Welcome!!If you decide to do this,let us know as I know a few folks with some bad fast cars!!!!!!
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Welcome aboard Alan,Steve at RANCH DESIGN sent me an email today,and I told him to send you here,but anyway,I`d be interested in starting up some proxies this coming yr.,but I`d want Rusty&Bibbster on board with us,its like this I`m getting a few years on me and well you need younger guys to carry on with it,thats where those 2 would come in handy! :lol: plus Rusty has a great setup down there in POSSUM HOLLAR,so if thats agreeable with you,Rusty&Bibbster you 2 guys weigh in on this,then we`ll try putting something together for 2014! btw.....check your messages up at the top,ya gotta be logged in to see them!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I will see about getting a few pictures up of my track to give you an idea of what I have done. In 1/43 scale it will only be 1/8 mile. In running just a few stock cars such as the SCX Barracuda and yes even a Nascar they ran very smooth. I had the power supply set to 12v and they turned in some very nice scale looking times. Not like some of the the little ones that are you see is a blurr and hear a short buzz!!
Hope we can get something gone for 2014. As I stated in my first post there is an area already setup on Nitroslots for 1/4 scale drag racing of which I am the moderator. I see no reason why we could not post the races to both sites. Just a little more work. We shall see what happens!
Thanks again for the welcome.
Regards,
Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 pm

nice layout,good luck with the MoPar!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 am

Welcome to the board, Alan!
nice layout!
and nice work on the Cuda, too! looking forward to see more.
The SCX motors easily can be raced @ 16V on a street course for hours, so you can push them a little on the drag strip as well :D
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Well based on the info I have received regarding the thickness of the various guides it looks like a different approach will have to be taken as I sure do not want guys to have to change out guides just to run on the current track. I plan to build up another set of tables that will lay on top of the current track but be about 3" above the current track so it does not get marred up. On the new table will be 1/32 Scalextric Sport track with filler pieces on each side to make it wider. Wiring will be installed under the track table. Timing system will be the same Trackmate DPS3000. Still will be limited to 1/8 as that is all I have for length. Should not take too long to build. Top track will be easy to lift off if I want to run the 1/64 size.

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 pm

I might have missed it ,but how long did you say your track was Alan?
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:40 pm

In 1/64 scale its a 1000' track. I only have 23 feet actual to work within.

If i ran the numbers correctly I do a 1/8 mile for 1/43 scale and still have shutdown area

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Well that`s awfully close to what we ran RUSTY`s so the length is no problem!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:02 pm

The shutdown section on the current track is controllable in that I can short the rails out, reverse the polarity or apply a variable reverse voltage to stop the cars. Works well with the 1/64 size. Plan to use the same setup for the 1/43 size.

Having way too much fun with this new size!

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale