[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Limited Modified - Mid-Florida Racing Group

Limited Modified - Mid-Florida Racing Group

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Limited Modified - Mid-Florida Racing Group

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 am

Last edited by Florida_Slotter on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: Limited Modified - Mid-Florida Racing Group

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 am

I like that! hope you do well with the beast, it certainly looks the part.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:53 am

Bob,

I'm already doing well. Several years ago I changed my ideal when it came to slot cars. My ideal is now to have as much FUN as I can muster when playing with my little toy cars. Since I've adopted that philosophy, I've never left a slot car race where I'm not smiling and have had as much FUN as the law allows. Any other way and you can see how easy it is to not enjoy your time with your buds. Hey, there is only going to be one winner out of however many folks are there racing. If you don't win, or place on the podium, well then your day is shot, at least it was prior to my changing my philosophy.

I had ordered one of the Gremlin Modified kits, but it would not mount on the H&R chassis. Yes, I do have a Dremel tool and know how to use it. But being the new kid in the neighborhood, I simply chose to find another body. I remember having this kit sitting on the shelf in the slot car room, so Mr. Dremel got some use and I grabbed parts from here, there and everywhere. The motor box is made from sheet styrene and the grill is a piece of .010 lexan that I painted with a piece of netting glued in place. This way it appears to be a screen, but is actually a solid piece. I hope to add some exhaust and a "chrome bumper" to the front of it. Had to rush to get it done, but now it's done.

It's FUN building model cars once again. Been a few years.

BTW - thanks for your kind comments.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Driver Looks Familiar...

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:15 am

Hello Marty,

Great build! Would that be the Stig driving? If so, your new car should do quite well....

:lol:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby gonegonzo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:05 pm

I've been considering building an oval to put in my hot rod garage . My area is 14 feet long and I'd like to keep it at 4' wide as I do use the garage for my 1=1 hot rod projects . Square footage is at a premium there . I wanted to have it done by now but too many irons in the fire .

What's the minimum size of track for good racing ?

How many lanes >>>> 3 or 4 ?

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:36 am

Gonzo,

This past weekend we raced on a 4 x 12 foot 3 lane oval. It was nothing short of spectacular. No one has a motor advantage. It all comes down to luck and driving skill. I strongly advise it for anything that is feeling burned out on slot car racing.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby gonegonzo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Thx Marty .

What scale was you running and what motors ?

Thx
Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 am

Gonzo,

Well we run just about ALL of them.

On the motor front, we use (our choice) of H&R "Cobra", JK Hawk 25 or Colgate (Motion).

We run 1:32 "Scale Cars" like Carrera Stock Cars and Scalextric & SCX Stock Cars.

There are 3 categories for Womps - Legends, Pavement Modifieds & Late Models.

There are 3 1:25 scale "Limited" categorieis - Modifieds, Speedway Stockers and Sportsman Stockers.

There are 3 1:25 scale "Open" categories - World of Outlaws Dirt Late Models, NASCAR and Modifieds.

On a normal day we will race a whole lot. This coming Sunday we will run about 900 laps total. I'm happiest when I'm playing with my little toy cars and Sunday afternoon I'll be very happy! :banana-dance:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Return to Oval Racing HQ!