[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Really looking forward to seeing your M-B 300 SL come to life, Dave. Both the Jag and the M-B look like they'll be great entries!

Keep those build pics coming..............

Whose wheels are you using on the Jag?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:00 pm

Those are some CLEAN looking builds! Looking forward to seeing additional updates!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby DRW21 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:39 am

Hi AUDI1, the wheels on the Jag are made by Racer and probably getting very rare these days. I got them from Slot Car Corner in Canada.
An old Jag like that just has to have wires.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Dave, those decals look perfect on your bug! Concourse car for sure! :text-bravo:

I'll keep an eye out for it................I hope I makes it to the second track on the schedule.............but, you never know................... :mrgreen:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Having started this thread way back when; May 13th to be exact, I've been a little absent over the past few months. That's because I've been building proxy cars.............. I still have one to finish and ship off by November 7th; a Carrera Audi DTM car, then I can turn my attention to the two cars that have been most on my mind since we decided to run year two of the La Carrera Panamericana; a Porsche 550 coupe and an OSCA MT-4.

I got a little time today while I'm waiting on some tire glue for the Audi DTM, so off to my munter resin bodies I went. These bodies don't need to be primed; I just rough up the surface slightly with 0000 steel wool and they're ready for the spray can. The 550 coupe got Tamiya's gloss aluminum and the MT-4 got Tamiya's light blue. "A blue Maserati?" you may ask, yes - the one that ran in the '53 La Carrera Panamericana race.

Not much to show yet, but at least they're back on the bench - with chassis, motors, wheels and gears now in house. Just waiting on some tires............

Decals are being prepared by Matt at Changing.Gearz; looking forward to seeing them in the flesh!

I think I'm going to leave last year's Lancia D24 right where it is now; in the used proxy cars drawer. I'll do some side-by-side testing using it with this year's cars, but there's really no need to put it on the track again to compete, so there it will sit.

I have an historical attachment to both of these cars, we'll see if I can get a short wheelbase, narrow track car to run competitively.

Hopefully some more to show tomorrow.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:09 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Alas, woe is me!

My great plans to enter two Carrera Panamericana Studebakers has been thwarted by one or other or the combined efforts of CP and USPS. The two cars, of which you have already seen pictures, were damaged en route to Allan's. They must have been dropped or thrown and landed in such a way that the weight of the brass chassis punched the front mounting post through the hood, on both cars. So much for Studebakers, and you can't win a Concours with pictures.

Now I have less than a month to get replacements ready and sent, Fortunately I have such cars available. A Lancia D-24 and a Ferrari 750 Monza with a body by Scaglietti. Both these Munter resin bodies are painted and mounted on brass chassis with Jack Rabbit motors and BRM wire wheels. Fortunately, I have an unused sheet of PanAm decals for my numbers courtesy of Thompson, and once detailed, they will be ready to mail off.

My initial tests were done last weekend and the Lancia was considerably slower than the Monza, so I made Swiss cheese out of the brass pan. They are still a bit heavy, but now weigh about the same. One more gearing test and they will be ready.

The Studebaker bodies will go in my "Might have been/could have been" drawer. If I can repair them I will run them in club racing, but they won't be proxy cars. Meanwhile we will be experimenting with different stronger or thicker resin for the 3D body casting.

Maybe I will enter another Studebaker for the Carrera Panamericana 3.

This is the second time I have written this post. The first disappeared into cyberspace when I tried to add pictures, so I will post the pics separately.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smilin Ray » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:01 pm

Smilin Ray

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am

Ouch. That is very unfortunate. Those were both stunning cars

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:32 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:51 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Ouch Keith, that is hard to see. Sorry to see the Studebakers sidelined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Yes, we can run it at River Run Allan!

Val, the girls can get pretty feisty behind the wheel! Your Ford looks great!!
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016