[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - III solo Racing Season.9TH ROUND/FINAL.

III solo Racing Season.9TH ROUND/FINAL.

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: III solo Racing Season. FOURTH ROUND

Postby gsmea » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:32 am

Thank you for the awesome interview with my team. The sponsors are mighty happy with the coverage. The little green car will power on and give all the BIG teams a run for their money.
Wooohoooo thanx Von for fantastic racing.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:50 am

A Ford (GT40) losing to a Chevy (Chaparral)?! How is that possible?

Every knows FORD stands for First On Race Day!

Guess it's time for a major tune up.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:30 am

Great driving skills are required to keep that beast on the road....and you guys did WELL!! Let's keep it slow in the corners and FLAT-OUT in the straights....wheeeee!!.
Thanx for super entertainment!
Cheers
Clive

Sent from my Vodacom Power Tab 10 using Tapatalk
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Ah yes, Making Mr Hall proud.
Or as Hannibal would say, i Love it when a plan comes together.
Sorry another old TV reference, check out the A Team.
Lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Re: III solo Racing Season. Racing under the rain.

Postby vonsirius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:09 am

Before anything, thanks to everyone for your kin words and thanks too for the feedback!!!

I was thinking on how to simulate weather conditions on this series races.
Being elra circuit a modest track , no digital , no PC connection, it must to be a simple form.

I found a way to do it;
before the whole round starts I will throw a 20 sided die.

6 to 20 result----Dry track

1 result---All day raining, all races must be run whith the maximum voltage regulator (every car will race a little bit slower)

2-3 result--Starts raining at first race, the car must make a pit stop to simulate tires change. (maximum voltage regulator all race).
At the second race stop raining and the track it´s dry (free voltage regulator)

4-5 result--Starts raining at second race, the car must make a pit stop to simulate tires change. (maximum voltage regulator all race).
At the first race there´s no raining and the track it´s dry (free voltage regulator).

Note on pit stops: I got the old scaley pit stop track , I customized it whith some springs and nylon cord, so you must pull the nylon to go in, then realise it and pull the other to go out.

What do you think?
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:19 am

The huge 20 sided die.

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 am

Now that is a genius plan!! It will change the race out come completely. We have a simple but effective plan to determine how long to stop for inside the pit lane: we call it....turn-your-nut-off.... It is as follow, each driver has a bolt 30mm long and 10mm diameter, then when you stop in the pits, you pick up the bolt and but, unscrew the nut, then screw it back on, completely off and completely on again, then you can drive off. Great fun!! Cheers

clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:18 pm

As a kid I used to simulate pit stops while running my own Indy 500's - refuel time is how long it takes to fill a narrow neck soda bottle using a pitcher of water. Go too fast and you spill a lot and it takes longer. If you have steady hands and pour evenly no spillage and off you go. Another idea is swapping front tires on the car - take both off, put left one on right side and right on eon left side. If you don't do it right the first time and a tire is hitting the body or comes off you'll just have to stop again and fix it.

Anyone have other ideas for pit stop activities?

Love this series and how fun it is to be part of it!

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

BARC Racing Headquarters

The AC cobra is turning out to be a capable car and the pilots are driving the wheels off of it. :D

Pit stop idea is a good one, as it should level the playing field and bring in one more variable to the race outcome.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: III solo Racing Season. FIFTH ROUND.

Postby vonsirius » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:03 am

Last edited by vonsirius on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:06 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 am

Sweet man schhwweeeet!!!! Great driving and excellent preparation gave CARacing a well deserved win!! Well done to driver and pit crew...awesome job![CHEQUERED FLAG][CHEQUERED FLAG]

clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:51 am

BARC Racing Head quarters

We continue to be pleased with the perfomance of the car and driver. We see a huge improvement over our first season. The racing is tight and anyone can win this. We are very much in this thing,and the closeness of the racing puts a lot of pressure on the driver. We need to stay focused for the remainder of the year to try and catch and past the leader.

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 am

After early season ultimatum, my team has responded splendidly! Proud of crew and driver. Hopefully we can continue onto the championship. We'll have to step over Chappy to fulfill our quest, sorry Bob :o :lol:

Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 am

It bacame obvious part way through the flight that the rear wing was giving lift and not downforce. Our new Aero tech Frank N Stein must have left a bolt loose. Never mind though the little Chappy recovered enough from near disaster to secure a closely contested 2nd round win. Frank N Steins Mother, Abbie Normal indicated Frank was some times absent of mind and suggested we let him work on the battery power instead. Well the wing being reattached will mean anyone trying to step over will have to step mighty high according to Manager Boris Car Loff
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!