[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Re: SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby gascarnut » Mon May 20, 2019 11:59 am

To respond to Chas about the tire cleaning - I use a special alcohol-based cleaner developed by an industrial chemist friend of mine that gets rid of the dirt without affecting the rubber or urethane, so there will not be any detrimental effects going forward.

I managed to get all the Qualifying done yesterday afternoon, so here we go with the results:

Qualy times and comments.JPG

Due to an issue I have between Trackmate and my computer, I had to run the cars in a random order rather than in the reverse order of overall results, but I think it worked very fairly. The top cars were spread out within the running order and none seem to have been affected by any track changes.

Congrats to Dave on another TQ. My car ran before h is, so I did not know what I would have to beat, but I doubt I could have done it anyway! The #8 is everything a good proxy car should be - not super fast in a straight line, but so smooth and predictable that is can be pushed mercilessly without coming out ever. It's going to be difficult to beat this car over the series.

I have attached the original spreadsheet that created the graphic above, so those who have excel can take a look.

The final date for racing Round 9 is still a bit up in the air, I will make an announcement later this week. There is a possibility of running on Sunday May 26.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Thank you, Dennis.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks Dennis for the update. I wonder where the #112 would have qualified had there been no off. Can't win races sitting in the ditch. Hope it races better. I agree the Cheetah is going to be hard to beat. Not to far off the pace considering the off I guess.

Thanks again.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Arrold,

The number of offs do not contribute to any position in qualifying. I just note them as a measure of how easy the car is to adapt to within one minute. When a car does have an off, I pause the timer, re-slot the car and then continue, so each car still gets its full minute.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Thankyou Dennis for Running the Q Rounds Have a Great Evening Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks for finding the time and getting this out of the way. The Barc Lotus is very used to its position in the field.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Thank you for the tire maintenance on the 3 and the 33. Also thank you for the qualifying and the notes. I could only imagine how much fun it is and time consuming at the same time. Good luck to everyone on race day. The Christmas of all race fans!!! We have Monaco, Indy a NASCAR 600 what ever the name and our SCCA!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Thanks for the great qualifying run with my dunger of a car. See I managed to come in just in front of Munter so hopefully I can maintain this in race. Congrats to fellow Kiwi Dave west for another great qualifying run. All the best to all for the race. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby gascarnut » Tue May 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Good news!

My pesky surgery has been delayed until June 7, so the race will be run on Saturday, June 1, starting around 1:45pm PDT.

The normal group of "Pebbleheads" will be in attendance, and there's a possibility we will be joined by Dale "Aloha" Carstensen, as he will be in SoCal this weekend. IT will be great to have a visiting entrant with us. More on that later.

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed May 29, 2019 10:51 am

Dennis,

Will there be a live or recorded feed? I’ve never actually seen the 67 Elva run... yea, I know that sounds strange, but there were extenuating circumstances.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Any dates for Round 10 yet please. Impatient KIWI. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby gascarnut » Fri May 31, 2019 7:50 pm

Tomorrow sees the running of Round 9 of this Proxy, and everything is ready to go.

To respond to questions above, sorry, no live feed. My computers are too slow to handle the bandwidth at the moment, I need to upgrade. Last time I streamed, I had a decent laptop from my work, but since I retired I'm using older equipment.

But, I will try to update you all as soon as I can after we are done racing, at least with the podium, then later with full results and photos.

Dennis
Last edited by gascarnut on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Fri May 31, 2019 10:35 pm

Thankyou Very Much for hosting this round Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:29 pm

It's Sunday morning out here on the left coast, time to report back on yesterday's Round 9 of the SCCA Proxy.

The weather cooperated well, despite overcast conditions all day and relatively low temperatures, it stayed dry and we got all the racing done without interruption.

Racing consisted of each car running twice in each of the three lanes for 2 minutes per heat, so they got 12 minutes of racing each, with two drivers per lane.

The traction conditions were good, perhaps not quite as good as when I qualified the cars last weekend as it was a little warmer then and my track gives its best traction at around 75 degrees (it was in the high 60s yesterday), but the times and lap totals were still very good.

For those without Excel, here are the results:

Race results Round 9.JPG

There's an excel copy also attached.

I have a bunch of photos and some video that I will add over the course of today and tomorrow if and when Google Photos decides to cooperate, it is so slow today that nothing will up- or download. Some photos have made it though so here we go:

The podium:

Podium.jpg

More in the next post.

Congratulations to DRW21 on a convincing win, and to the other entrants for some very close racing throughout the field.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 pm

More photos of the field:

Field 02.jpg

Field 03.jpg

Field 04.jpg
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy