[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

Re: SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 pm

WHOOO I love this proxy!! Allan brilliant idea as I love seeing the different bodies and overall crazy number of cars that are available. DRW21 your great run continues in numerous proxies. SirChirsguyW, consistently where you're builds usually are. Sir Gascarnut, again consistently on the podium as expected. Great job by all the builders regardless of finish as these cars are beautiful. I pray this proxy returns.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:31 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!
How close can you get??
296, 296, 291...... this has been a very hard fought series, well done to all involved, especially to Allan for getting such a great proxy under way.
Just look at the list of builders and the class of cars and also those great looking tracks.
Hats off to everyone who has enjoyed this series.
I'm hoping it will be back again next year, just so cool to see so many cool sports cars.
Thanks Guys - Dave.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:06 pm

As I hosted the last round I would like to congratulate all of the builders. Some cars are always faster than others, but each of these drove well. We finish up a lot of proxies in the Portland area and by the time we get the cars the box usually has a bag or two of loose parts and we have to work on/rebuild a few cars so they can all run. The only thing I had to do was re-attach the windscreen and cockpit on the #31 Jag XK120 as they were falling off/out of the car.
They ran so well that after the cars left I disassembled several of my older builds and made them better.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 pm

As we originally set it up; in the system of the SCCA, we had a Modified Division and a Production Division.

As several other have already pointed out, the racing in for the top 3 spots in the Modified Division was incredibly close; to have 1st and 3rd separated by only 8 points after 10 Round of racing is as close as I've ever seen it! Congrats to: Dave (DRW21), Dennis (gascarnut) and Chris (chrisgujyw) on their podium finishes!! :text-bravo:

The Production cars were further down in the overall pack, but still provided some good action and fun racing, with the 'Vette getting the better of the two Cobras...……. Congrats to Leo (leadfoot46) and Don (Austin) on their podium finishes!! :text-bravo:

Thanks also to all the host tracks, the hosts and their racing and marshaling crews - it takes a lot of work to race roughly 30 cars per Round...…!!

These cars are fun to build and race and take you all the way from post-war to the era of TransAm and Can-Am. Perhaps we should start up a thread about SCCA Proxy - 2020?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Barc Racing #20. Lotus 23 C :dance:
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby torquemutant » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 pm

torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Any chance that the listing could be composed by division? Are trophies if any awarded by division?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi Arrold, Sorry - no trophies for this proxy event. The shipping cost consumed the entry fees and the last few, as well as the car returns, are subsidized. Not a problem from my perspective, but no funds left over for gifts or trophies.

So, bragging right will have to do this time around...…………

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks Alllan,
I would like to see how my Porsche performed in the production class. I know it didn't do well because I could have lowered it more. Should have looked at more pictures which I did tonight to get a better idea of rear ride height.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Just a suggestion but as I think the SCCA and Pre-1965 Sports Cars proxies finished their respective final rounds at Allenbrook Speedway please do not hesitate to send my cars back together. Let me know if you need to check my postal address. Regards Chas Le Breton
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby arroldn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Just looked at the spreadsheet and noticed that the production cars are in orange. My mistake. 2 Production cars in the top ten.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Audi1
You can save some postage by returning my SCCA Chappy with my F1 Proxy Renault. Both cars were on the slow side, so they should be home for Christmas. :lol: :text-thankyouyellow:
Old23

Postby chappy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Allan I am currently in Sebring.
If you want to mail to me here it will be less expensive . Let me know and i will pm you the address.
Cheers for another fun proxy.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Previous

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy