[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Group 5 Proxy Round 8 - Kelowna

Group 5 Proxy Round 8 - Kelowna

Group 5 Proxy Round 8 - Kelowna

Postby Cgyracer » Fri May 10, 2019 6:34 am

Hi all, the Group 5 cars arrived in Kelowna on Wednesday. This round is planned for the Canalami Raceway owned by Lez. The track is a high speed track with straights leading in corners that vary from very tight to broad. Good acceleration / speed work here plus good brakes is a must. There is a S curve at the back under the back straight that can catch you off guard but a well balanced car and driver attention can actually pick up time here.

I'll be delivering the cars to Lez today with Lez doing the qualifying possibly this weekend or early in the next week. Email will be out to the guys for a possible race day mid to late next week.

Flat Latex
Variable Power between 11V to 12V usual settings

Few pictures of Canalami Raceway

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Group 5 Proxy Round 8 - Kelowna

Postby arroldn » Fri May 10, 2019 7:23 am

Now that is some layout. Looks very fast. But my little slow car will surely be a bottom feeder. Looking forward to how it plays out. UM :think: Camber, Smokieo, F1Fan, CgyRacer, Aloha, Chrisguy, Jimmyslots, Lance,Gas41T, Redlynr, your top ten 8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tequila Kid » Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am

I'm screwed. Too much motor for 11 to 12v. Oh well. Live and learn. Next year going back to 25K.
Tequila Kid

Postby Cgyracer » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 am

Gentlemen, the qualify results are in for Round 8. Lez qualified the cars on Sunday.... our Aussie friend Gas41T that has been knocking on the door all season is the Top Qualifier! Congratulations Rossko! Finishing off the podium is Aloha and F1Fan. The race judging by these close qualify times is too close to call plus we will not be approaching these times either in the race as Lez is a very good driver on his own track, getting the most out of every car on Sunday.

Issues with four cars as they were unpackaged are noted at the bottom of this. Waiting for permission to repair.

Congrats to the podium. Names and pictures alongside to each car in the spreadsheet!

Scott's (GT6) car has green tape holding the body to the chassis. Looks like a pin is missing. Will look for a pin for Scott.

Brumos very bad blistering on tires. This happen last year too? A chassis stop is missing too.

Chrisguyw his windshield is missing? Will look in the box for it this week hopefully find it!

Aloha has a crack on the middle of the roof which seems to have popped the windshield. We can glue windshield back in.
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 am

Wow, what a pleasant Monday morning surprise! This is definitely one of the better showings of my Capri so it looks like I owe Lez a cold one.. or two... or.. In any case: could I suggest that, in the interests of efficiency and saving time, we just scale up the Q results and consider those as the final race results? :D

Good to see Rossko up there: well deserved! And this Q round again shows what an incredibly competitive series this is. The top 8 qualifiers are within 1/10th of a second! OK, to be precise it is actually 0.101 but still. I do not think I have EVER seen anything like that! I suppose it could be a symptom of Lez's excellent adaptability to different cars and being able to wring the very, very best out of each one. The gap of around 1 second for all 24 cars is also unusual in my experience.

And after a bit of a shake up to the top order in some other proxies, it is comforting to see more of the usual suspects at and around the top. One outlier is Smokeio's mid pack showing: I am a bit puzzled by this unusual situation.

Thanks for the running guys: I could say that I am looking forward to the race but after the nice Q for my own car the prospects for the race actually fill me with trepidation: the probable result is only to get worse than this!

Well done all: entrants and the Kelowna guys for the Q. Special kudos to Rob for the excellent, comprehensive report: well done sir! But then again: over time this is the kind of class we have come to expect from you.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon May 13, 2019 10:03 am

Wow! That looks like a very fast track! Wish I hadn't dropped out of this proxy. Maybe I can get back in for next year...
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon May 13, 2019 11:22 am

Alwyn,
You are right about the ability of Lez to get the best out of a car. My bottom feeder is 0.438 secs off the pace of our top qualifier. Now we know this is almost a half a second and depending on the track that could be about half a lap. Well at 3 min heats this puts me 2.35 laps down. 32.32 laps vs 29.97 laps. I realize this is fast lap time vs average lap time. I would say that would be the closest I've finished in this series to date. Let's see how it shakes out in the real world.

Congratulations to those top 8 car owners. You should be proud.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 53BN1 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks Rob for posting the qualifying results and Lez for the excellent driving. Also Lez I truly love the landscaping, it is amazing.
Cheers
Ed
53BN1

Postby Kevan » Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Did you prep your tyres with a flame?...that's a real question. I tried once and this is what happened.
Kevan

Postby GAS41T » Mon May 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks Lez and crew

Top qualifier WOW .....Game set Match for me ...
Ecstatic is the word.....

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GT6 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 pm

hi Rob
Wow, pins gone again :o ? The car shed a pin way back in round 1, despite a designed in friction fit AND safety tape. This maybe partly to blame for the somewhat lackluster performance to date (sadly, only a small part in all likelyhood). Greatly appreciated if you can stick in a piece of .015" wire or straight pin or whatever. It usually takes a bit of wiggling around to get the two little pieces of tube on each side of the body and chassis to line up so the pins go in. Oh and some tape please over the pins.

thanks much
Scott
GT6

Postby F1Fan » Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm

Congratulations Rossko! Like Rob said you have been there or thereabouts for a few races and it is great to see you with a well deserved P1. Also a strong run for Dale, nice job!

Times are so close that it is impossible to choose, great job driving Lez, looking forward to racing on Canalami - thanks also to Rob and the great Kelowna team for hosting two rounds and providing such excellent reporting/coverage.

I feel for you Tony, sorry to see another tyre issue for your entry. As I was testing my CanAm car recently, also with a Plafit chassis (I was very tempted to use Ultragrips in the series and did some testing with a set) but after running some test laps I noticed the tyre marbles and degradation, so I agree that maybe 100g Plafit is to heavy for Ultra's.

I have to give a shout out to Smokeio and car #70, after an amazing three wins in a row and taking the lead, or almost taking the lead in the series, the car's performance has really dropped off since it shipped out West. Rob took a look for any issues (body was not removed) but there is no obvious signs of anything wrong with the car, wheels turn freely and tyres appear to be in reasonable condition, so we are not sure what's caused the decline in performance. Maybe the Fargal pin has come loose or maybe the magnetic field around the Aurora Borealis are impacting it's effect!

Rob will repair the bodies of those cars that have been damaged - I think this is the 3rd? season for Chris's BMW, so a bit of damage is not a big surprise.

Steve (Fastco.) it will be great to have you back, please join us. BTW I am closing registration for the GT3 proxy soon, and I will also provide an update on fee deadline, tracks etc, please keep an eye on those threads.

Happy Racing!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 am

Rob
Thanks for the run and to some amazingly fast times. Please perform the necessary first aid/cpr as deemed necessary. Pls a fix windshield as you see fit and glue roof as needed. Sorry to be a bother.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 am

Way to go Rossko with the Q1. Super close times, will be a very interesting race.

Good luck all.

- Cam
Camber

Next

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019