[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Group 5 Proxy Round 9 MID-BC

Group 5 Proxy Round 9 MID-BC

Group 5 Proxy Round 9 MID-BC

Postby Cgyracer » Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 am

Gentlemen the cars have arrived at my track MID-BC. I hope to qualify this weekend and video will be posted on YouTube.
The track is 20' 2" x 11' 6" (87 feet long) painted in flat latex with two long straights and several varying radius corners. Variable voltage is set at 10.7V.

The grid

Camber with his Group 5 Cup...wears it like a WWE belt!

F1Fan calm, cool, and nervous at the same time!

F1Fan trying to ease his way onto Team Pacific but not having much luck!

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Group 5 Proxy Round 9 MID-BC

Postby F1Fan » Fri May 24, 2019 9:41 am

WOWOWEEEEEEE!

The cars look great on this stunning track, and I am really looking forward to this event....I assume (hope?) it is not this weekend, not sure my eyes can handle more screen time....with Monaco GP, Indy 500 and Super Rugby all happening!

Love the fact that I am now Didier Pironi, and trust me I was not trying to join the Pacific Team, I was moving in to have a chat to the girl! Why should the Islanders have all the fun?

Good luck to ya' all in the penultimate round, looking forward to another high-quality event from Rob and the KSCC boys & girls!

Chris

PS: Rob what is your source for those driver and spectator figures? They look great.
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 am

In the mid 2000's when I lived in Calgary I bought the figures at the Hobby store. Monogram Tiger was the brand and packages of four figures were on the shelf for Officials, Drivers, and Crew. Very nice quality I agree and the bonus back then it was a good price and easily accessible. Wish I bought more back then.

I have room for hundreds of figures I reckon, long ways to go.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby heli_ca » Sat May 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Is that the bendable ply that you retrofitted?
heli_ca

Postby Cgyracer » Sat May 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Yes sir.....the same ply you guys used in Edmonton.

I need to fill in the nail holes, paint inside and out, then install top trim.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Sun May 26, 2019 10:07 am

Gentlemen here are the final qualify results. Congrats to Camber, Aloha, and F1Fan for the podium.

Shout outs to Aloha,that car feels like a winner, wow.....Redlynr, such an easy car to drive..... Tequila Kid,where was that car this year??? nice!......Brumos, that car is stuck down!.....53BN1,that car feels long but I really enjoyed driving that, smooth.....Gas41T, quick easy to drive!....Arrold, very enjoyable to drive and smooth. Well done by all!

Now that I drove Smokeio's car along with the rest of the cars in comparison I do feel Smokeio's car has an issue of some sort with a lack of motor and some traction. A quick glance the rear axle has a tiny sliver of play so the axle is not binding and the tires do not look much different than most car's tires.....nothing obvious so I'm not sure why his performance has dropped.

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Great video Rob, excellent driving. What a venue, top notch and at a different level, amazing, I am soooo envious!

Congrats to Camber and Dale, also a very strong qualy for Tequila Kid!

With a delayed Monaco and Indy race for me, I am staying off the internet and phone as much as possible to avoid spoiling results.

Rules allow for the guide to be replaced, the event will not be delayed, but with two weeks there should be plenty of time to make the repair.

I can send a Scaleauto SC-1602 to Kelowna or Cam send a replacement, let me know. Replacement must be like for like.

Cheers

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Poor Rob, he looked deflated in the video after my guide broke. All good from my end and clearly not your fault, good thing was you were pushing it to the limit in qualifying.

Lots of fast, smooth looking cars and love the new track. 4th to 9th all 7.0's wow. Well done Aloha and F1fan, another close race on the way.

Cheers,

- Cam
Camber

Postby jimmyslots1950 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:05 am

Thanks for the Qually Rob
I've been watching your track build over the past couple of months & have been really impressed with the build quality & to have one of my cars on your track is a privilege.
Your feed back while driving is priceless & to actually see my car going around in a vid has put my mind at ease as I worry of what my wild child is getting up to,looks to be behaving it's self.
Bad luck for Cams broken guide but in the end good luck as he set top qually time before the breakage & with a simple guide fix he will be off & running again with all of us in his slipstream,woulden't be the same without Cam in the race.
Thanks again & goood luck with the race.
Cheers Jimmy
jimmyslots1950

Postby Camber » Mon May 27, 2019 4:20 am

Hi Rob,
Replacement guide sent today, fingers crossed it arrives before the race.
Thanks
- Cam
Camber

Postby GAS41T » Mon May 27, 2019 4:42 am

Congrats Cam
As Jimmy said “it wouldn’t be the same with out Cam “
A Shout out to Dale ALOHA ....
Thanks for qualifying & video footage Rob “greatly appreciated “

Rossko
Best proxy in the World
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Mon May 27, 2019 6:20 am

Thanks for the Q!

Beauty of a track!!!!
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 am

Thank you for the qualifying video and for hosting this magnificent event. Good luck to all the builders.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Mon May 27, 2019 8:45 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019