[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thunderslot set up tips...........

Thunderslot set up tips...........

Thunderslot set up tips...........

Postby DRW21 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 am

DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thunderslot set up tips...........

Postby wanabgts » Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks for the super in depth post. It's great when the fast guys share their stuff. Very cool custom tools you have created for the job as well!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Wed May 22, 2019 10:15 am

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain your tuning procedure. This post will help lots of racers.
:text-bravo:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 am

Yeah now THIS is a POST!

Well done sir, well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Fantastic thread DRW...even though I’m not a Thunderslot owner, the tips here will be very helpful on builds of other my other car manufacturers plus scratch builds!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Thank You Guy for the nice comments.
The is the reason why I have done this is to show others the way to get a better result (not for the accolades).
If you don't help others you may not have any one to race with in 2 years time.
So take what you will from all this and go racing.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Best post on a forum for ages...
I use the same setup, tool types and techniques myself. Neat lead work is a must but I prefer ShoeGoo to hold it in. I use my drill vice to flatten and straighten lead and also have a set of hole punches for those bits that need a hole to go round body posts. Those lead discs are handy too.
Kevan

Postby ALS » Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Thankyou Very Much for your time and information on the Thunder Slot Set up. Thanks Adrian ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Dave:
Thanks for taking the time to take photos and put all this together - no small undertaking. Lots of good information! In my area we only use silicone tires, so the rubber tire preparation and truing is an eye-opener. Thanks again for trying to promote closer racing!
Best Regards,
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks for sharing the tune up tips, especially the tires. I true my tires, but probably need to spend more time profiling them

The Thunderslot Motors are very strong I have discovered. I bought three,and was most impressed by them.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks Dave for taking the time and making the effort to share these excellent tips, indeed no small undertaking. This should be a must read for any prospective proxy entrant or slot car tuner, old or new.

I learned a lot from others that also took the time to share details like these and post's like yours gives additional credibility to any forum, well done!

Chris

:text-goodpost:
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 pm

Very informative. Thank you.!
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GT6 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Dave, thanks so much for going to the considerable effort of preparing this extensive and well thought out description of your tuning process. Much useful information and food for thought. Greatly appreciated. :clap:

cheers
Scott
GT6

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed May 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Great work Dave and thank you for sharing the little details that make a
HUGE difference. I will be a few 10ths faster as a result
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Thu May 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks for the top tips Dave even though I don't have any Thunderslot cars yet. Hanging on for the Denny Hulme white with green stripe livery T70 GT that Fly/Slotwings put on the wrong model. Interested to know what the total weight is and also the weight over the back axle. I have a block that the front wheels sit on with a slot in it the same height as my scales for measuring back axle weight.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy