[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

Postby Racie35 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:17 am

I hope when my pg tires get here they have more grip then the rubber amt tires I'm testing with now. Hey! Do I need a driver and plastic engine?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 17, 2015 10:32 am

Racie35 -
A driver (plastic/resin) is required (can just be a bust / upper half if need be though)
An engine, for those classes or bodies where it would be exposed (like your rail), is also required.
Both are available through a number of sources like M/T Resins, Smilin' Ray's, etc.

On the tires - I can attest to the fact that the PGT tires have a LOT more grip than the factory AMT tires do. :)
Thanks!
Todd
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Racie35 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks for the heads up on the tires and detail. I better fit this guy I have in there now and n engine.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm

PG tires came in....nice snug fit and mostly true.....wheel stander...it's fun.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon May 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Good to hear!
Can hardly wait to see it running the 1/3 mile here!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue May 19, 2015 6:47 am

Todd,
?s
what address are these cars to be shipped ?

I see where there are no additional fees being figured for shipping,

I would suggest that might need to change. At my count if the little Xs` mean unknown car entrees. We`re looking at 35 or so cars, some with 5 - 6 cars to a single location. With car weight and packing to keep these safe my 3 cars 2 lbs. are going to cost $7.05 priority mail.
Not sure what the single package with all entrees that will take the cars from venue to venue will weigh, but guessing somewhere in the $50-$60 range. Then you have the final venue where this person has to ship numerous packages back to there home town. This could run close to $70.
myself I enclosed $10 in my package to help somewhat in the VNFR, not sure if this was across the board or not?
with all the proxies that are taking place here, a suggestion that a paypal account be set up for shipping fees, everyone pays into the account $2 per entree. As each host ships the cars to the next venue, the total or at least partial amount is refunded.
Seems a little harsh to be a host of these races, we know what that involves, then go over and above to foot 100% of shipping cost :twocents-mytwocents:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 am

Mark - to answer your questions...

- I intend to send everyone my shipping address via PM (I prefer not to have it posted on a public forum). I will work to get that to all participants by the end of the week. :)

- On shipping / entry fee...
I like the idea of a potential "pool" account for proxy shipping... May be worth floating that thought out to Harry?

However, for this fun run proxy - the shipping from venue to venue and the return shipping to the participants is on me.
(I intend to ask each host to advise me of their cost to forward the package(s) on to the next location and will reimburse them)
That keeps things clean and easy for all participants and hosts and helps to remove one of the potential barriers associated with being a participating and/or host. :D
It is my way of helping support the forum, my fellow racers and to help make this fun run as big and entertaining of an event as possible! :D

Soooo - if there is anyone on the fence about joining in the fun, either as a participant or as a host, please don't hesitate! This should be a LOT of fun!!! :banana-dance:

:auto-layrubber:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue May 19, 2015 7:58 am

that`s quite a large dollar amount to take on for each host , let alone 1 person, nothing needs to be floated by anyone, there are enough trustworthy entrants in these proxies, so anyone with a PP account could be the "bank" easy enough to determine how much money will be in the bank by the total count of cars, 10 cars $2 each = $20 and so on.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby btaylor » Tue May 19, 2015 8:27 am

Todd, I would not mind a bit chipping in whatever it takes to help out on shipping these cars. I would also suggest, after sending off some proxy cars, that everyone use the smallest packaging that is safe for their cars when shipping to the host track. It can make a huge difference in the costs at the end of the race.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue May 19, 2015 8:51 am

I will be sending a few coins along Todd, just to ease my own mind if your content on paying for this. But seriously worth the thought with as big these fun runs are getting. It can very soon be out of hand and no fun for a few.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue May 19, 2015 10:03 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:07 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 19, 2015 11:39 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
Any contributions will definitely be appreciated - but are not necessary! :D :D

Bob - I definitely appreciate your comment about asking people to use reasonable size boxes. I typically use the White Corrugated Mailers when possible as they are VERY durable, inexpensive to purchase (if you don't have one to recycle) and minimize the amount of room required in the "big, combined, shipping box" (they look like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-8-x-3-x-2-Wh ... 0376133709)

Mark - Those are some SWEET looking rides! Looking forward to seeing them here on the track!
:text-bravo:

Bobbyraz49 - we don't have any videos of these cars hitting the track... YET!
But if you want to get a bit of a flavor for it - we ran the Parts Box Open Proxy cars in a "street race" format - shown here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10619
Last week, the Carrera Kafer VWs also went for a ride down the track in a more classic format seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11077

Enjoy! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 pm

i placed an orded at scc today for rims and pg tires oh and a piranha motor too. i have a body coming from dave..... i hope its the year i need or ill have to modify the grill and head lights so it fits the years requested. but with a month left i thing i should be able to build a hot rod. :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Racie35 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Todd...you didn't tell them about the photo shoot opportunity! Lol
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!