[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

Postby btaylor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:20 am

Thanks Mark, Very sound advice I am sure! A lot of us builders have not ran on a Drag track, and can only test on our short straights at home. That is a beautiful looking Track in your photos.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 am

Yea, may have shot myself in the foot by choosing mid 50s style dragster, haven`t found one yet other than a nostalgia car that had wheelie bars/wheels. To late to turn back now though, much work already involved. I`m a stickler for looking the part, so I`ll just have to try and make it work. :think:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:19 am

Mark (and other hosts), how deep is the slot?
Another words, how deep can we make the guide blade? Would .250" below the front tires be safe?
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 am

good question Dickie, I guess if all tracks are commercial type (wood routed) a standard 1/24 scale guide would be a good start point.

Are all tracks commercial ?
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 am

Mark -
Definitely some sage advise on the "build them robust and deigned to run smooth and true"!

On the sling shot - you won't be the only one that is going 50's style no wheelie bars...
I found some sweet looking pie crust drag tires :D that I am using for the starting point of my build - so I will be right there with you...
Should make for an interesting "challenge" to make these cars behave. :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:36 am

Last edited by TuscoTodd on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:40 am

Todd, I have acquired the wood for the track so far. but that is about it. I can do more after my trip.
And also, where did you find the vintage slicks? I need some to restore my Strombecker Dragster.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:08 am

Bob -
Great to hear that the track build side of the fun run is already starting to take place as well!
Look forward to updates on that in the near future!
:banana-dance:
On the tires - I picked them up off of eBay from a gentleman in France. I bought a number of different tires he offers, in an effort to get the ones that fit the look I was after / while also fitting a set of CB Design wheels.
The ones in the picture (which I liked best out of the ones I ordered) are listed as CARTRIX "Rear" tires: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-rear-tires-fo ... 4ae4f24dac
I am not sure if these would be wide enough for the Strombecker - but if you PM me dimensions for the originals I can check them against these to let you know how close they would be.
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks Todd! the ones shown in the pic I posted are not originals, they were foams. the originals looked very much like the ones you have. And I am not totally concerned with original parts, just the look.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby bookie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:54 am

probably a dumb question, but what scale is this event?
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Foamy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 pm

It's going to be a couple weeks before I can get any Lightning motors.
Is this long can or regular length?
Thanx
Foamy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Foamy - They are the FK130 length (metal endbell on each end) - not the longer FK180 type like the M/T-5.
Hope that helps! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Foamy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Ahhhh, regular length. I can start on chassis now.
LSR is a Firebird model body, Hot Rod is a Stingray Vette.
Foamy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:33 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Foamy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Firebird is for the LSR Class. That should be anything goes. If not the Powers That Be need to let me know soonish.
Foamy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!