The Dragon gets a full belly!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

The Dragon gets a full belly!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Well, I ran Keith's car last night after the Georgia sun went down. At over 100 degree's in the shop, I only stayed an hour or so, but I got used to his car, and got the controller set up. Tonight I Cleaned the track, cleaned the tires on the mighty little Sprite, and warmed up the car a few laps. After setting the PC to race mode at five laps, I proceeded give it a go at the Dragon.
At first I thought I might have escaped him, cutting some mid 15 second times, I knew there was a low 15 there somewhere?
Unfortunately, The best I could pull was a 15. 262!. With a time to beat of 15.072, Retroracer44 fell just a bit short, and well within reach of the mighty Dragon. Great little car Keith, and a very smooth runner! ( And obviously it tasted pretty good too!) better luck next time!ImageImageImage
Last edited by btaylor on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: The Dragon gets a full belly!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Oh nooooo :)

Good try though, sounds like another smooth build.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:35 pm

This is so cool lol! Love reading up on this. And haopy my car beat daves there so i could hold a record lol
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby chappy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:39 pm

I wonder just how hungry this beast is, maybe his appetite will decrease with time lol
Good times though Keith, Unfortunately its like Horseshoes and Handgrenades.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Boohoo! I know the guys here love that little car when we run it on the Burnaby Grind (Luf's Hillclimb). Am I ever glad I didn't challenge for pinks, it was enough to get eaten.

That car is so small though that the dragon only got half full and will definitely be hungrier for the next victim, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

:lol: Keith, that little car is a joy to drive! I really thought it was a winner. I just could not get her to go any faster without being stupid about having control of the car. I am noticing that short wheelbase cars are trying to bring their tails around coming down the hill, unless they have a wide track. Gameover's car did well because of its footprint and weight. If it had more motor, it might have been even faster on the hill, as the handling was there. Shotguns car is like a bee on steroids!, It has lots of power and sticks well, but not to heavy. I guess that why the MGA does well, its longer, but not to wide, but I still haven't got it down to the low 15's yet. Great attempt though! and I really enjoyed trying your car, its a sweet build.

Bob
(Keeper of the Dragon)
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:20 pm

I that a Godzilla type roar I hear echoing in the distance?
Man - knowing how well Keith's cars handle - it says a lot about how high the bar has been set!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!