100 Years at Indy proxy rules

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: 100 Years at Indy proxy rules

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Dave:

Having been drawn back to this thread by recent posts, I took the time to read back through it and came across the pink lay down roadster. When you sent me that roadster body last year, I will admit my first thought was, this is all wrong, the cockpit and cut down body side should be on the other side. I was thinking someone had maybe posted a reversed pic and you just happened upon it when making the body. The pink pic showed that this was really a car that raced, as the writing on the sign was not backwards, so it had to be right, eh? Anyway, I did some research and discovered that this pink car was a real competitor and that it was a departure from the norm and had the cockpit on the left side because the engine was laid down the opposite way.

The thing I love about these forums and people posting things, is that you can then research and expand your knowledge of what's out there. As a retired teacher, I would call that life-long learning.

Thanks for this opportunity to learn something new.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!