[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CanAm - Build Thread

CanAm - Build Thread

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: CanAm - Build Thread

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:15 pm

HRS2 with a SW pod will help to make the car run well. You might want to try a Piranha motor with gearing somewhere around 12:34, maybe a little taller if the car will take it. I'd start with no added weight and add weight if you need better/different handling. True your tires carefully and get them smooth and well-broken in before you mail off the car. Easy to drive usually wins out over super-fast in proxy racing. The key is often times a combination of good brakes (so that the drivers don't enter the turns too fast) and good traction (so that they don't break traction and get a lot of chatter coming out of the turns).

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks Allen. I have a HRS2 Chassis that has the orange end bell already in it. I think it came geared 11/34 but I can always swap the pinion. It just needs the motor break in. I have one Piranha still in the wrapper. May break it in as well and flip a coin as to which goes in the car. I see you are a believer in a podded chassis.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:44 am

Car will be on the hauler tomorrow. Monogram Lola T70 MkII, HRSII Chassis, Piranha, SuperTires YD 90 grams. May reduce to 83.
To the rules committee. Inserts I ordered last week did not ship until today(Thursday 25) because of snow the online store said. Will my car be disqualified with these wheels? I don't have anything that matches the stock wheel and that Monogram wheel is a bear to turn down. I may still try it some more in the morning.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 am

I can't speak for the proxy director, Arrold, but when I hear words like "disqualified for wheels", I think that you're, maybe, referring to another slot car board..........................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:37 am

Hey Arrold
Just a idea you could grab a screen shot of a lola wheel, resize it and print 4 of them.Then just glue them in at least it would have a similar look.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Audi1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:13 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 am

I am attempting to turn down the wheels off of the Lola T70 MkIII Coupe that is in the CANAM series on the other board. I should be able to do this I think. If not I may shoot a photo of the wheel.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:47 am

I am attempting to turn down the wheels off of the Lola T70 MkIII Coupe that is in the CANAM series on the other board. I should be able to do this I think. If not I may shoot a photo of the wheel.

Car ran well during test.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:28 am

Very nice looking chassis on the Porsche 917/10 B-class car for the CanAm Allan
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:56 am

Thanks Austin. We'll see if it hold together once the racing starts................ :pray:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 pm

After about 2 hrs we now have period correct wheel inserts. Car on the hauler.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 am

Wheels look good!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:39 am

Since these were not insert wheels I couldn't get the dept that would have made them look a whole lot better. But it will it pass I think.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!