[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CanAm - Build Thread

CanAm - Build Thread

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: CanAm - Build Thread

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:28 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:38 pm

"I can't solder.....But...."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bet Shadow, Inc. didn't ask John Surtees to drive it!

Good luck.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:52 am

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:03 am

That is a sweet looking livery! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:04 am

Great looking cars; right out of the box! You might want to add some "Sundance" decals to it.............a Neuman company. And, while you're at it, you could "Butch" it up a bit..........just in Cass-i-dy someone decides to shoot some pics of it and it ends up on the cover of Slot Car magazine..............! ;)

Nice start; the McLaren M8Bs are fast right out of the box. Break in the motor/drive train, adjust the pod for good rear suspension motion, get some CBDesign wheels on the rear with either rubber or urethane tires, glued/trued, and then run some laps to see what else the car needs.

Have fun with it!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:54 am

Beautiful Newman livery in its understated, satin black finish. Glue and true the tires that you select. Tune the front axle, check for body and motor pod float, then check weight distribution via on track testing. When you're done tuning, make your best guess for gear ratio based upon the types of track that the proxy will be using. Breaking in the motor may yield a few hundred more RPM, but, in the absence of long straights, these cars spend very little time at maximum RPM.

All tuning aspects that you're familiar with, I'm sure. Have fun. That's a beautiful car.
:text-coolphotos:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 am

I'm working away at the Mclaren M6b for the P class, but suddenly find I cant get an s can motor in it.
Man these things are low and sleek.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but P class is either Pirhanna or Slot it orange endbell in inline configuration ?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Rleog » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:51 am

Hi Bob

Motor pod configuration wasn't specified:

"Any plastic chassis is legal for this class. From stock Slot it, to HRSII and anything in-between. If it's plastic, it goes in this class. Even if you stretch, shrink or otherwise modify the chassis with brass or piano wire, it goes in this class.
(No magnets allowed)

Running gear
Slot it orange endbell or Piranha only.
Any gear set you like. There will be a diverse amount of tracks from short to long. So gearing is up to you.

Tires/wheels
Urethane or rubber only. Wheels must have inserts to represent proper wheels for the period. No stylized type aluminum or plastic wheels. Unless they accurately represent 1:1 wheels.

Body
Must be plastic or resin. Must realistically represent a car from the period. It can be fantasy livery but must look period. No Monster Energy Drink sponsors please.

Must have an interior with driver. No Lexan."
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:25 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks lads for the clarification.
I think I will have to change bodies from my resin to a plastic.
I can't get an s can in there even sideways.
. Mind you kudos to the body maker , very realistic. Lol.
I'm pretty sure I have an old Mono sitting in the dungeon that will fit the bill.
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Todd can you put me in on my P and B class as Alfa T33/12s # 2c please.
Finally got a car to take my s can ok.
Both the same livery and #
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Bob - Thank you for the update!
Entrants thread updated! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 am

More work completed on the RMS Nissan R381 Can-Am racer.
I will need to finish the interior and apply clear coat to body. I decided to stay with a Slot.it Chaparral interior modified and prepped for this body.

The Struts are K&S piano wire. I'm not sure how heavy, but with that resin rear wing, the back half of the car has some weight now. :)

All decals except the roundels were created on my PC with Word, Paint and some Google searching of the various sponsor logos.
I am really happy with how they came out, The process was easier than I expected and The RMS Resin body is just amazing and clean!
Great work from dreinecke, his resin casts are worth every penny!
I can't wait to see how it runs on my test track and in the proxy.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:12 am

Great job so far Mike!!...........and good to see someone going to the trouble of building/entering something a little different :text-bravo:

And compliments on the research you have done on the livery/decals....again great job!!

I hope it does as well in the proxy as it did in the hands of Moto Kitano ;)

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!