[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CanAm - Build Thread

CanAm - Build Thread

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: CanAm - Build Thread

Postby Beast Lee » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Sadly my Shadow will not make an appearance in this years CanAm, with the development of a new Slot Car Magazine it has consumed any spare time that I had... Plain and simple, I just ran out of time...

All the best to everyone involved and I wish you much success...

It's nice to see that a Shadow will make the competition and it looks like a beauty...!!!

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Good looking updates guys!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Here's my entry: #20 Nissan 381r

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:17 am

Nice looking car, have never seen one before. I thought the name Nissan was a late-comer from the older Datsun. I'm probably missing something here.............. I did know that in Japan, it was always Nissan, because I worked with the son of the founder of that company when I was doing business in Japan.

Oops, now I have:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:59 am

Another good looking entry!
Thank you for sharing the pic David!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Here's the final version of my Porsche 917/10 B-class car for the CanAm. Learned a lot a long the way on this one. Next time (if there is a next time.......) there will be lots of changes.

Along the way, I switched out the NSR 25k motor and went for a milder Piranha 21.5k motor. The gearing also went taller; from 9:28 to 9:26. Running chassis weight is approx. 67g and weight distribution is approx. 41% - front/59% - rear.

Here's the final car (on left; pic already posted to another CanAm thread, along with it's P-class McLaren M8D adversary):

Off to the races on Monday! :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Man I must need to get me a good iron and learn how to solder. Allen I don't think you qualify as a rookie anymore.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:46 am

What, no Wookie status anymore?

The truth is, the car didn't come out anywhere near what I had hoped for and you'll know that then the racing starts; too high, too heavy and not enough grip. From a construction standpoint, it's all Dennis Samson and Chris Walker, both design and execution. I didn't have a clue on how to even solder a joint before those two started helping me. It's still messy, but at least it hasn't fallen apart on the track..................yet. :lol:

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:35 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 am

It's hard not to like the 2E. Is that a folded, clear lexan wing on the car? If so, great idea to get the weight down and the CoG as low as possible. I'm sure it will run very, very well.

Any pics of the final car?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 am

I guess that, because it appears like the standard Slot.it 2E, I didn't think to document it during the build. The two mods are the lexan light weight wing and a light weight interior. It'll be obvious that it's not a standard Slot.it 2E because the 66 decals deformed badly when clear coated.

So t goes. :angry-tappingfoot:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Start of my CanAm. Monogram Lola T70. Last ran at Bullitt Speedway about 7 years ago when we still did 1/32 scale. Will pull the motor, add new tires. Option is to put in a HRSII Chassis. Your thoughts. Current weight 93 grams.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Hey Arrold,
I've seen a few hrs under these bodys, I believe modeler bob did one ? It will definately wake up that car. I used a stock carved up chassis in mine, and it is pretty fun to drive. Just need the guide as far forward as you can get it and still be functionable. get the motor down low, and the body too. As far as the weight..I didn't weigh any of mine. I just try and manipulate the weight to the cars advantage and not add.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby arroldn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Thanks Mark
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!