[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Two more superb Targa cars arrived today and I expect another to be there tomorrow. Today a little transporter arrived containing the Aston martin from Dennis Samson and the Ferrari 312 from Russell Sheldon.

There are seven cars yet to arrive, but most are local entrants that will just hand me their cars before qualifying.

The excitement is building.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 am

Good news about our cars, Keith, thanks for letting us know. Hopefully there were no customs charges?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:03 pm

A little transporter rolled into Maple Ridge today with the team name Ecurie Martini on its side. A nice silver Mercedes Benz has now joined the others in the bin for the races.

Only one more out of towner to arrive, and then collect a few local entries and we are ready to roar.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Dave:

Yes, I will be posting lots of pics. I am amazed at the level of builds that have been done for this proxy, and also the fine tuning that has gone into both the RTR and scratch built cars. The entrants have really picked it up a few notches this year. The fun will begin next weekend with qualifying and then the races starting the following week.

It is going to get exciting around here.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Two developments today. I received Ron Todhunter's nice Lola T70 Mk 3 in the mail. I thought it would be the last car to arrive, but I was wrong.

Welcome Leon Luke to our proxy. He asked if he could still get in, and while his car may not get here in time for qualifying, it should make it easily for the first race. He will have to "start from the pit lane" for the first race, but that just means his car runs with the slowest grouping.

The travel bin is nearly full and ready for qualifying, which I plan to do on Friday afternoon. Since Friday is our usual race night, the results should be posted sometime around midnight Pacific time, after I get home.

I am looking forward to driving the qually and trying out all these great cars I have been unpacking.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:02 am

I'm worried that amount of wood may effect aero effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am

Wow he must be building a big routed track lol
B
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:42 am

It is always good to see things done properly. That load looks securely fastened. Kudos to the person responsible. I feel so much better driving on our roads when such responsible, common sense behavior is demonstrated.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Guys you should like this one too...
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:14 am

Qualifying is in the books. I took the bin of cars to Luf's at 2pm this afternoon and put the cars through their paces. We ran the cars on lane two, that follows the racing line, and each car did at least ten laps, more if they were still improving their time.

Luf reset the clock and took one lap of slomo video as the cars went through the village. He also took pictures of each car that he will include in his video. He hopes to get it done tomorrow.

Most cars ran quite well and were quite drivable. A few had issues that I will comment on later.

Here are the results for Class A

CAR # Entrant Best Lap

100 Dennis Samson 7.91 Pole
15 Dariusz Pawlowski 7.92
23 Bob Chapman 8.1
602 Adam Pawlowski 8.24
11 Keith Hines 8.56
150 Steve Morrow 8.67
152 Barbs Hills 8.67
148 Mike Buss 8.67
29 Luf Linkert 8.96
142 Dave Capelen 8.97
74 Bill Beggs 9.12
146 Mike Dove 9.14
104 Alan Schwartz 9.66
20 Dan Crowley 9.77
13 Max Rossmassler 10.16
36 Daniel Heald DNA

Here are the results for Class B. You will see we had a tie for the pole.

13 Ron Todhunter 7.28 Pole
1 Chris Walker 7.28 Pole
58 Brian Samson 7.72
12 Allan Jarvis 7.73
63 Russell Sheldon 7.75
3 Dale Carstensen 7.8
85 Steve Williams 7.8
5 Christian Mayer 7.86
56 Andy White 7.86
7 Jon Grainger 7.89
33 Tony Palmer 7.9
6 Tony Bovard 7.94
33 Perry Roussy 7.95
29 Mike Gatey 8.07
36 Robert Bance 8.08
48 Bob Goulet 8.23
111 Keith Wells 8.41
4 Leo Capaldi 8.47
2 Leon Luke DNA

One local and one out of town late entrant did not arrive and will "start from the pit lane". I am planning the first race on the Targa track for some time next weekend. It will be announced when the time is finalized.

The cars were mostly great to drive, and I felt I got a fair time for each. I am not the best driver in the club by a long shot, but since I ran all cars for qualifying, it was fair. I expect most will do better in the hands of our other drivers.

The five Cobras from the Isle of Man were all fairly equal except for the #146 that had a tendency to kick its rear around if pushed too hard on the turns. I will check it and compare to the others to see if some easily fixable thing is amiss.

The #104 was quite tippy in the corners and wanted to de-slot. I didn't want to risk it for qualifying, so didn't push as hard as I might have.

The #100 seemed at first as though it was dragging on the track. I checked and it wasn't and realized that its rattle pan chassis was making the noise and working just as intended. It was a treat to drive and took pole in Class A.

The #13 feels like a 1:1 car does when the clutch is slipping. When you pull the trigger it takes a lull before it gets going. As a result it posted to slowest time. I will take a look to see if anything is loose or slipping.

The #20 is a bit jumpy and sensitive to the throttle, and de-slots easily if pushed.

The only issue for Class B was with the #4 that slid sideways every time the throttle was pulled. A brief inspection showed no distortions to the chassis or uneven wheel sizes, but the only possible culprit being the rear tires. Since they were not glued on we put a set of Luf's urethanes on the car which immediately dropped from mid 9s to mid 8s. This without any sanding or truing of the new tires. No charge Leo, happy to do this for you.

If I didn't mention your car above, that means it was a smooth runner that drove easily and did its job without attitude. Well done.

So there we have it for now. Look for some pics I will post tomorrow and Luf's video when it is ready.

We're off to a good start,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:54 am

Thanks for the update Keith.

I expected as much out of the #20 car. Adding that resistor would tame and make it much easier to drive. I sent the same type of car to Allan and his observations where the same, so I parked that one and sent him a different chassis and motor combo.

Very much looking forward to some pictures and videos, The few cars I have seen are awesome.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:06 am

Thanks for posting the quali results, Keith.

Congrats to Dennis for TQ in A-class and to Ron and Chris in B-class!

A-class cars were pretty well bunched at the top, but if the B-class results stand up under racing, then the race is for 3rd place, since there's 0.5 sec/lap between the top two and the rest of the field......! Are you guys running those "gray dust" Ortmanns again........ :lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 am

Great job Keith...

You always do such a bang up job, so I'm really Looking forward to this event... :music-rockout:

Now I can't wait to see Luf's video work...

All the best...

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!