[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Worldwide Digital Proxy

Worldwide Digital Proxy

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Worldwide Digital Proxy

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Burrell - Thank you for taking the time to add your comments / impressions - for those of us that haven't taken the digital plunge (yet) - this is great info!
:text-thankyouyellow:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby CJR » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for the notes and impressions Czar and Burrell.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Czar and Burrell,
Thanks for the driving impressions. It will being interesting hearing all the other drivers
impressions as the series goes on. I didn't really think about this while setting up
my car, but I guess the best set-up is the set-up that is easiest to drive by all drivers.
Not necessarily what is best for my driving style.
I knew those C7 Vettes were going to run good and will be the cars to beat. With very
little tuning Komps C7 was turning laps as fast as my finished car.
Thanks Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Yes, the Corvettes are quick. And with a little tuning they can be made, not a little, but much better. When I tuned CJR's Corvette the car reduced its best time in box stock form by a full 25 per cent. His fast lap during the race was 35% faster! I attribute the faster time during the race to two things. First, I was more familiar driving the car, and second, I was being pushed hard by the other cars in the heat. My attitude has always been "if the other guys can go that fast, I can too". Then I push my car to hang with the fast boys, beat them at their own game, or crash and burn trying. I don't think I have ever tuned a car that responded so well as this Corvette.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Awesome writeup. Thank you for the information. Thanks to all who set up this proxy and the track hosts for providing their tracks and time!! Wish i cold be there.
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Not in this one but I really enjoyed reading the comments. I think anyone can relate to what Burrell reported. I still feel the same way as I don't compete, just fun running. My skills are limited to say the least.

But I think I know a nice car when I drive (or right before I crash) it. :)

On a completely different surface (wood) the new C7 is at the top. Only my Aston Martin Vantage gives it the best race.

Anyway, great reports from all and very nice to hear the FUN you are having.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Wish you would join us Harry. Since we have no prizes (they are not important) this is really more of a fun run than a real competition. Of course bragging rights from the World's first digital proxy will most likely get the "winner" an invitation to the next Summer Olympics in Tokyo! With so many manufacturers being so close I would expect an exhibition race or two.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:52 am

I was asked about using my software for this proxy on a different forum. I thought I would put this post here to help any race hosts planning on using my software.

Because the software scores by driver, it will be best to enter each of the entrants as a driver using the builders name. Then you can create 'cars' that actually represent each of your human drivers, and choose 'Rotate drivers'. Then each of the entrants will be given a chance to be driven by each of your humans. I hope to have 4 people here, and we will use two drivers and two marshals in two races.

I'll create a driver in the database for each entrant, and then create 4 'cars' named Bruce GT, Greg GT, etc. to represent the humans present. Then the software can automatically score and total all the heats.

You can, of course, create a car for each of the entrants, and enter the names of the humans present as drivers. Going this way, you would choose to 'Rotate cars' (I would still recommend running a couple of races if you have enough people to split as marshals/drivers). But if you use this method you will need to manually total the laps and times of each of the entrants, since the software produces driver totals, not car totals.

Here's a couple of screenshots to explain what I'm describing in the first paragraph. I've created a new driver in the database for each of the proxy entrants. On the main setup screen I've picked a 20 lap race (enough to require at least one pit stop), and selected rotate drivers. I've also created new cars in the database to represent each of my human drivers.

On the driver and car assignment screen, I've placed all of the drivers representing the proxy entrants into the rotation. I've selected two of my human drivers as the two 'cars' assigned to controller 1 and controller 2.

With this setup the software will automatically create 13 heats that will give each of the two humans a chance to control each of the proxy entrants. I hope to have four drivers here, so we will run a second race with GT Ron and GT Frank as the 'cars' assigned to controllers 1 and 2. So another 13 heats, with Ron and Frank each getting a chance to run every proxy car. When we finish the two races, the software will give us lap and time totals for every proxy entrant.

My plan is to have two ghosts on track with the two human controlled cars, with two marshals for each heat. Should be some fun racing.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks Bruce for posting this, I haven't looked at how to set it up yet on your software so this will be a big help.
I also was planning on 4 drivers, 2 driving and 2 marshaling. I am planning on running 1 ghost car.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:12 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:06 am

Thanks for the explanation.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:17 am

I realize this is a fun run proxy, but wanted to offer this for our overall winner:

Good Luck :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:24 am

WOW, that is an awesome prize, Kudos Harry!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 am

At this point I am sure that no one has to explain why this is the best slot car site on the internet! It really has been kind of neat to see that prizes never mattered in this race, it has always been about the challenge and reward of racing your digital car against another. This is a very nice and unexpected surprize (sic). Thank you Harry.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:50 am

I have weighed all the cars. per Lacealottalove's request. Starting with the heaviest cars and moving to the lightest: BARC (Porsche GT3) ...119; KenC (Ferrari 458) ...111; Czar (Lamborghini) ...110; R/T Randy (Ferrari 458) ...107; Tusco Todd (Corvette C7R) ...107; CJR (Corvette C7R)...106; Komp (Corvette (C7R) ...103; Z Car fan (Ferrari 458) ...102; Burell (Corvette C7R) ...102 TPRgoodwrench (BMW Z4)... 101; Buspor (Corvette C6) ...100; Mr Flippant (Aston-Martin) ...95; Lancealottalove (Corvette C6) ... 93. All weights are in grams. Each car was weighed three times (for accuracy) on a Salter kitchen scale.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!