[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Visit to Edmonton club

Visit to Edmonton club

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Visit to Edmonton club

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 am

Last night I dropped in on the Edmonton club,and got to see their new digs. Wow. More like a commercial set up then a club set up. 3 road course tracks with braided lanes and a drag strip. Pit room set up for racers to work on cars, Lunch room, and washroom facilities

I raced my cars on their new 5 lane CNC milled track which was fast and smooth. It was a real eye opener to race my builds on this track. I brought down 10 cars and only 2 were even close to being competitive. Cars that seemed fast on my home set up were woefully under powered on the big club track. The shake down was good as it clearly identified what car will be going into this years Can Am proxy.

I big shout out to Leon, Bill and Tom who were gracious hosts and solid drivers. Proxy partcipants can know your cars are in good hands with these fellows. Very envious of this club,and what they have to offer. Outside of a commercial venue I doubt there is a facility as well equipped as this one. Quite remarkable,and when I asked what the annual club fees were, I was astounded by the how inexpensive this is for the club members. I probably spend twice that on proxy entry fees every year. Unbelievable is all I can say. If there are any slotters living in the Edmonton area, and don’t know about this club, you need to change that. Radarek and Midgekid frequent this forum and could be your first contact. I know where I would be two or three nights a week if I lived here.

Duh, forgot my phone could take good pictures so don’t have pictures of this set up.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Visit to Edmonton club

Postby cgingras » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm

I'll get to drive on this track and in this facility in August. Can't wait to get there to meet all those Western Canada racers which I've had the chance to have as customers with Slot Car Corner Canada.

I've seen pics of their setup and it's really sweet!
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby ken weir » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm

I was fortunate to also be ALLOWED to visit and race on Slot Car Racing Edmonton's new track on Saturday. Track was smooth , fast and tricky in a couple of areas. As was mentioned Tom, Leon and Darius are great hosts . Looking forward to racing against them again in the Tourist Trophy in August. Since they were working on their Cars for the TT race I was not allowed to take any photos. The 2 Edmonton teams will be a handful to compete against. Just hope our black garbage can entry is competitive. The facility they have built is second to none. Any slot car enthusiast in the Edmonton Area must make a visit. Once you've seen and experienced this fantastic facility Im sure you will be as sold on it as I was.
ken weir

Postby mattb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:27 pm

We need pix! Great to hear of a group that is so successful.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Shi* lol

Ken... I was kidding with those pictures, or maybe not... don't know now...

We will post about club in near future...

Alwyn I have trust in you, so no merci on the track my friend. Just kidding.

I know it will be a close battle to the last corner.

Best
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!