[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Postby studioRS » Thu May 29, 2014 4:20 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu May 29, 2014 5:19 pm

[/quote] Hmm, does artistic thumbprints count as weathering? :doh: I just can't seem to keep my dirty little paws off this thing. I need to exercise patience when clear is drying![/quote]

Thompson,
:lol: I know it's hard to do. I just put mine in slot.it case and leave it till I'm ready for it.

Also I will be doing another or two in a brass chassis so Thanks for the decals Sir. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu May 29, 2014 7:59 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fumey » Fri May 30, 2014 7:01 am

StudioRS - what kind of paint did you use for the trim over the Krylon clear ?
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sat May 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Finally got the tires trued up. Chassis is real close wires,braid and guide adjustment left. Glue motor after it hits the scales. But,time to work on body mounts before finishing paint and decals. Thinking about going velcro for mounting the body. I :think:

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 am

Now that's a proper looking Grand Prix Wieß RSR! The front tires definitely look like you reduced the diameter some with a slight forward rake, nice!!!! Gluin, doin and truin mine today. Then, I will set the front axle height, and come up with some wood Porsche weissach style front body mount.

You guys will get a kick out of this (embarrassment factor HIGH), I still need to set up my RS Bergrennen track :doh: so I can test this little sucker.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks Studdio! Working on interior tray and mounts today. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Here is how I did my body mounts maybe it will help someone along the way. I usually keep these on hand as it's how I do most of my builds. Get them at that world famous SCC shop. http://www.slotcarcorner.com/1-32-Slot- ... -p470.html
Then the tubes I get at ACE hardware. They are called nylon spacers and come in different lengths and sizes. These are like 1" long with I :think: .113 i.d. Then I take a 1/8" drill bit to them and press (tap w/hammer)the SCC brass insert in after deciding what height to cut the spacer.

Interior tray/styrene. Put a little hot glue on screw heads and on the bottom side. These screws are actually motor screws. The pan heads in the kit have a shoulder on them and are to long.

Then hot glue tray in place.

Have to make a dash yet.

Hope this helps.
Thought ya was gonna see inside the chassis eh. Ha. :D

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Studdio, de cals have arrived @SRQ #2 Nugen headquarters. Your the man :text-thankyouyellow: IROC on Dude.

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Glad I can help, seeing I messed up the dimensions, it was required that I help! If anyone else hasn't removed the little squares on the taillights and already painted just PM me your address and I'll send out another set of decals printed on clear Bell decal paper.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:45 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:01 pm

My name will be on the belly. Rules is rules, and this is the way the rules say it is to be done.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Nah, the spreadsheets and all that stuff are all set up. Its no indignity to me- I get a great car out of the deal!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!