[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 am

You guys are ahead of me - I am still in "trimming" mode. I have all of the windows cut out now, with the openings cleaned up - but have to repair the vent window upright that is now in two pieces... (see how good my gluing skills are) :)
Next up - wheel openings!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby studioRS » Tue May 06, 2014 11:26 am

Yeah Kev my file in the photo above (1/2 rounded side not shown) worked wonders on the inside of the wheel wells. I don't dare go near this little beauty with my dremel!

Not sure what I'm going to do about the pillars, but will forge ahead for all to ponder. My plan was to use an old bed sheet cloth and CA glue to the inside areas of the A, B, C pillars. Then put down a thin wire (larger sanded rough paper clip) bent to shape and glue that to the cloth. I might also add a roll cage for the inside.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am

Last edited by studioRS on Tue May 06, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 06, 2014 11:43 am

Shop carefully when you do that. I have been through several over the years, and I can tell from the bitter experience... buy quality the first time. Stay clear of standard tube fluorescents as the color distortion will drive you nuts, and look carefully at the adjustment screws at the hinges A good glass magnifier about 5 inches across is heavy enough to stress the clamp on the bottom, too. Bite the bullet. Get the good stuff first. Or buy my old crap and I'll get a second good one! Ha!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby studioRS » Tue May 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Hahaa you a funny guy! Not to stray too far off topic, but who have used (Mr. Turtle style glasses mounded up, layer upon layer like me) or professional lighted glasses as opposed to a BIG lighted magnifier lens? I really dislike glasses on my face, but have to use them for working with my Apple 27" LED cinema display at work. I like the idea of a lighted BIG lens but afraid it might get in the way, when I'm in a "creative" spat.

Thoughts, opinions?
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed May 07, 2014 5:33 am

I layed down some primer last night, good to help me see what still needs attention. I was a little too intense with trying to define the panel lines on the rear, oh well. Getting closer!

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun May 11, 2014 10:54 am

OK! We are bustin a move on the Nugen. Should be in paint and decals this coming weekend. Then spinning tires the next.

That's the plan.... :D
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 11, 2014 12:22 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby studioRS » Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

The bottom photo is during an actual race and the version we are striving for with the blacked out headlamps and small vertical support. Correct some of the cars have been re-restored and quite possible owners wanted to drive them at night? Not sure about the oil cooler support why it is missing on some. My plan was to just make a print out of the oil cooler with vertical support and make as a decal or just paint black.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun May 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Go Rusty!

I've been able to sneek in some more sanding and should have some photos up soon of how to round off and sand the spoiler.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 am

Last edited by studioRS on Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!